These low carb and keto breakfast cookies are filled with almonds and hemp hearts and are so delicious! They are perfectly sweet and the perfect grab and go keto breakfast.
Whoever came up with the idea of a breakfast cookie is a genius. I love the idea of eating cookies for breakfast and there is absolutely no guilt in these cookies because they are keto and low carb. I want to eat these Keto Breakfast Cookies every day!
Check out some other delicious keto friendly sweet recipes here: The Best Keto Cheesecake, Keto Brown Butter Pralines, Keto Chocolate Mousse, Almond Milk Ice Cream, Keto Chocolate Cake, keto snowball cookies, and Keto Cookie Dough.
The base of these cookies are very similar to my keto chocolate chip cookie recipe. I used almond flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, Swerve sweetener, baking powder, and salt. I also added in a little coconut flour and to make these more filling with some protein, I added sliced almonds and hemp hearts.
This isn’t my first time using hemp hearts in a recipe and it will definitely not be my last. They are an amazing little superfood that have almost no carbs, and they are packed with protein.
So we mix all of those ingredients together in a large bowl. I then used a cookie scoop to make 16 perfect little cookies. I scooped them all out onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
I then flattened them out by pressing them down a little with my fingers. This ensures even baking.
I baked them for exactly 13 minutes. You will know they are done when they start to brown around the bottom edges.
Now let them sit to firm up and try not to eat them all…they are so delicious!
I keep these stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 1 week. I also love to freeze them! After they are finished baking, leave them on the sheet pan and put them in the freezer for 1 hour, then put them in freezer safe container and store in the freezer.
⭐ Did you make this Keto Breakfast Cookie Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Breakfast Cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut flour (Click here to see the brand I like best on Amazon)
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- ⅔ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ Cup Sliced almonds
- ½ Cup Hemp hearts
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Scoop out the mix into 16 even sized cookies and place on the sheet pan 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes, or until the bottom edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to one week.
- Freezing: After they are finished baking, leave them on the sheet pan and put them in the freezer for 1 hour, then put them in freezer safe container and store in the freezer.