Bread cravings be gone with this 90 second keto bread recipe that can be made with almond flour or coconut flour, a microwave or an oven! Keto bread that can be made in the microwave is a recipe you will be using faithfully to keep you on track with your low carb lifestyle.
90 second keto bread
Making your own easy 90-second keto bread can be super simple when you utilize your microwave and a few staple keto ingredients. I love that this keto recipe is a gluten-free friendly bread recipe, dairy free, and perfect for a keto lifestyle. It's such a game changer at only 2.7 grams of net carbs!
I like to top my 90 second keto toast with keto strawberry jam, slice it and make a grilled cheese and serve with keto tomato soup, use it as a hamburger buns, or just a plain old sandwich. It's also perfect for avocado toast!
I love this low carb bread recipe because it doesn't use any ingredients like psyllium husk powder, xanthan gum, cream cheese, or apple cider vinegar. You also don't need a hand mixer, food processor, or loaf pan. If you miss regular bread, this recipe is for you! It really is the best keto bread recipe!
Almond flour bread
This is my favorite version of this low-carb bread recipe because I prefer the taste of almond flour over coconut flour. For this version you will need:
- 3 Tablespoons of Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted or oil ( can use coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee)
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten (use just the egg white for a less "eggy" taste)
- Pinch of salt (skip if your butter is salted)
Nutrition for 1 serving using almond flour: 315 calories / 29g fat / 5g carbs / 2g fiber / 11g protein
Coconut flour bread
This version of microwave keto bread is perfect for people with almond or nut allergies. Coconut flour is more absorbent than almond flour...that's why this recipe requires less.
- 1 ⅓ Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon oil or melted butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Large egg, beaten (use just the egg white for a less "eggy" taste)
- Pinch of salt (skip if your butter is salted)
Nutrition for 1 serving using coconut flour: 235 calories / 20g fat / 5.7 carbs / 3g fiber / 8g protein
90 second keto microwave bread instructions
For the microwave, I like to use a round ramekin (like this one) that is 4 inches in diameter or a 4 inch x 4 inch microwave safe container. Add the melted butter or the coconut oil to the container and swirl it around. Next, add all of the rest of the ingredients and whisk with a fork. The dough will be very wet. Tap on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
When it's finished cooling, you can slice it in half lengthwise to make 2 slices of keto-friendly bread.
Disclaimer: I do not recommend the oven as the bread does not rise nearly as well so it is more dense. For the oven, you need to use an oven safe container. A ceramic ramekin that is 4 inches in diameter (like this one) is perfect. Pour the oil or melted butter in the ramekin and swirl to coat the inside. Add the rest of the ingredients to the ramekin and mix well with a fork. Tap on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles. Cook in the oven at 375F for 10 minutes or until the center springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean.
How to make this non-eggy
Some people have a problem with the "eggy" taste of this easy keto bread recipe. This is from the egg yolks that are used. To remedy this, you can use just an egg white and save the egg yolk for another recipe. You can also use carton egg whites from the grocery store. For that you would need to use 2 tablespoons of the egg whites.
This would also result in a bread with less fat and calories and a taste and texture similar to white bread. The nutrition would be:
Almond flour: 265 calories / 25g fat / 5g carbs / 2g fiber / 8g protein
Coconut flour: 177 calories / 15g fat / 6g carbs / 3g fiber / 5g protein
As you can see, making this with coconut flour and an egg white really cuts down on the calories so you can really stuff this will really good sandwich stuff like bacon and avocado!
different ways to use 90-second bread
- Add some fresh or dried herbs, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese for a quick garlic bread or Italian bread
- Add cinnamon and sugar free sweetener for a sweet treat, like French toast!
- Top with everything but the bagel seasoning and an egg for an easy breakfast!
- Make several and freeze for later. Simply wrap the cooled 90 second bread in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe container or bag.
- Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Toast in a toaster oven until golden brown and top with a little butter and your favorite toppings
- Make a keto breakfast sandwich (my favorite way)
More popular keto bread recipes
- Keto Bagles - cheese free!
- Easy Keto Zucchini bread
- Keto Garlic Bread
- Easy Keto Banana Bread
- Keto English Muffin
- Cloud Bread
HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY RECIPES? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and get my 80+ recipe e-cookbook absolutely FREE!
Keto Bread in 90 Seconds!
This post may contain affiliate links
- Add the oil to the bowl or ramekin and swirl around to coat. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir stir well. Tap on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles and microwave for 60-90 seconds. You can also bake in a oven safe container for 10 minutes at 375F
- You can make this 90 second keto bread less eggy by using just an egg white as the egg yolk is where the eggy taste comes from.
- Nut free version: if you are intolerant to almond flour you can use sunflower seed flour as a 1 for 1 swap with the almond flour.
- To make this less eggy tasting, use just an egg white as the egg yolk is where the eggy taste comes from.
- Tap the container on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles before you cook it
- You could really use any nut flour that you want if you are allergic to almonds or coconut. For alternative nut flours like pecan four, you would use 3 tbsp. You use half the amount for coconut flour because it's not really a nut and it is very absorbent!
- I found that a 4x4 microwave safe container made the perfect size piece of low carb bread that could be cut in half and use as a sandwich
- You could also use a round container that is 4 inches in diameter for a keto mug bread
- If you would rather bake this in the oven, you can use an oven safe container and bake at 375 for 10 minutes
- Toasting this 90 second keto bread makes it have a much better texture. you could also use a skillet to toast it in some butter. Yum!
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.