Keto Tomato Soup – Only 5 ingredients, that you probably already have handy in your kitchen, is all you will need for this tasty low carb tomato soup recipe! Super creamy and super easy, makes this perfect soup recipe a go-to for days you need some comfort. And better yet…it is ready in only 15 minutes!
I’m going to be completely honest, I never had tomato soup (that I can think of!) until I was an adult. Like 38 years old adult! Boy was I missing out!
Canned tomato soup is filled with ingredients that are not keto friendly such as sugar and corn starch. Most are around 20 carbs per serving.
Now tomato soup is one of my favorite soups and I could eat it multiple times a week. Thanks to this easy recipe, having tomato soup on the keto diet is possible.
Keto tomato soup in 15 minutes!
So how do we make this creamy low carb tomato soup in only 15 minutes? Well, we have to start with a secret shortcut ingredient. That would be a jar of sugar free marinara sauce!
Stay with me here because sugar free marinara sauce isn’t just for dipping keto mozzarella sticks. As a matter of fact, the sauce that I use has the ingredients tomatoes, olive oil, onions, salt, garlic, basil, black pepper, and dried oregano. All of the flavors of a good tomato soup!
You could also make your own sauce with my recipe for keto marinara sauce.
Another reason I love to use a jar sugar free marinara for this low carb tomato soup is because tomatoes are in season in the Summer, I want this soup in the Winter when it’s cold outside!
Creamy tomato soup
I added a few additions to give the soup even more flavor and to make it creamy. This includes heavy cream, sweetener, chicken broth, and tomato paste.
We add the sugar free sweetener to cut through the acidity in the sugar free marinara.
Even though this creamy tomato soup only uses 5 ingredients and 15 minutes, it is still thick, comforting, and filled with flavor like it has been cooking on the stovetop all day.
Croutons to top the soup
If you noticed, I have some super crispy croutons on top of my soup. For those I use my recipe for 90 second keto bread, cut it into cubes, and brown them under the broiler. They make perfect gluten free croutons!
Check out these other comforting soup recipes
I am a huge soup fan and I can eat it any season and any time of day. Try my Keto Bacon Cheeseburger soup if you are looking for something a little more heartier.
My Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup is perfect as a hug in a bowl or to replace cream of mushroom soup in a recipe.
Creamy Keto Tomato Soup- Only 15 Minutes!
- 24 oz Jar Marinara (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 1 Cup chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of your ingredients in a medium size sauce pan.
- Cook until all the ingredients have been cooked together throughly and bubbling. Should take about ten minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Please be aware that using a different brand of marinara would change the carb count. I use Rao's because it has no added sugar like most marinaras.
- I use a sugar free sweetener to cut through the acidity in the marinara. This is essential for really good tomato soup!
- Croutons: For those I use my recipe for 90 second keto bread, cut it into cubes, and brown them under the broiler. They make perfect gluten free croutons!