Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the classic flavor you love, now with a keto friendly twist! This comforting soup is rich with flavor, savory vegetables and topped with almond flour and cheddar biscuits.. makes this a hearty, creamy warm hug in a bowl!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I absolutely love Chicken Pot Pie! Now you can have all the comfort and flavor without all the carbs! This keto chicken pot pie soup is topped with almond flour and cheddar biscuits, makes this the perfect soup for Fall.
Fall is my favorite season and I love stews and soups. Especially this keto chicken pot pie soup and my keto chili recipe without beans!
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
FOR THE SOUP:
Start with the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
Add the carrots, celery and onion to the oil and sauté until soft.
This will take about 8 to 10 minutes. You can cover the pot with a lid to get the carrots to soften faster. Those are usually the vegetables that take the longest to cook.
Now add in the garlic and sauté for one minute more.
Now, add in the chicken and season with a little salt and pepper. I like to use boneless skinless chicken thighs for more flavor but you could use chicken breast as well.
Sauté the chicken until cooked through.
This should take about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top of the chicken and stir in.
Now add in the chicken broth and the heavy cream.
Bring to boil to let thicken.
FOR THE BISCUITS:
Okay, let's start by first pre-heating your oven to 400F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the cheese, eggs and melted butter. The batter will be thick.
Scoop the dough into 6 even sized biscuits and place them on the lined baking sheet 1 inch apart.
Make sure to flatten the tops a little with your fingers.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Serve with the soup and get all the classic flavor you love, without all the carbs! Absolutely delicious!
Like this classic recipe with a keto twist? Check out my recipes for Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili's Copycat), Curried Pumpkin Soup-Ready in 20 minutes, or Italian Vegetable Stew with Sausage ( Keto and Low Carb).
⭐ Did you make this Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
For the soup:
- 6 Boneless Skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 Cup Diced carrots
- 1 Cup Celery
- ½ Cup Diced onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
For the biscuits:
- 1 Cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
For the soup:
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add in the carrots, celery and onion to the oil and saute until soft.
- This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- You can cover the pot with a lid to get the carrots to soften faster.
- Add in the garlic and saute for one minute more.
- Add in the chicken and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Saute the chicken until cooked through.
- This will take about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top of the chicken and stir in.
- Now add in the chicken broth and the heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil to let thicken.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes to continue to thicken.
For the biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cheese, eggs, and melted butter.
- Scoop the dough into 6 even sized biscuits and place them on the lined baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Flatten the tops a little with your fingers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the keto chicken pot pie soup.
- You can use chicken breast in place of the thighs to cut calories
- What is Xanthan Gum?
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
This soup and the biscuits were delicious! Can you freeze the soup?
Hello! Is the nutritional count (specifically carbs) including the biscuits or just the soup? Thank you!
Includes the biscuits
Jennifer, your recipes are soooo good! This soup is one of my favorites! I put the whole house on keto a few weeks ago & there’s typically a whole lotta eye rolling when new recipes with “keto” are mentioned & prepared. However, hubby & the kids LOVE this soup (without the biscuits)!!
I had just started making the recipe and realized I didn’t have enough chicken breasts, I used what I had which ended up being 2 cans of Costco’s chicken. That meal came together so fast even with making biscuits!!!! It. Was. Delicious! I’m two years into my keto lifestyle and this soup is hands down my favorite ❤️ Your recipes never disappoint, Jennifer! Thanks for all you do and share!!
Tehran Malone says
While the meal was really, REALLY. GOOD, It did not thicken up the way I wanted it to. The biscuits were delicious, and extremely close to the texture of a Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit. It did spread a little, so placing them that inch apart was a great idea. Other than that, everything was spot on!
I just made this soup the other day and it was fantastic. I've had to make the biscuits that go with it a number of times since because my family loves them and wants them all the time. With fall and winter just around the corner, I plan to make this soup many, many times.
Soups are my love, especially in the cold weather season. This soup looks super appetizing, I would like to cook it right now! I think I will do it :))) I especially liked the cookies in addition to the soup, this is the first time I see something like that. By the combination of ingredients, I already foresee how delicious and fragrant the soup will be. I look forward to trying it. Thank you for the idea!