Replace the beans with beef stew meat and you’ve got the perfect low carb and keto chili without beans. I give instructions for stove top and Crockpot.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
When the weather starts to cool down, the first thing I do is make a big pot of this Low Carb Chili without Beans. This is my favorite kind of chili because it is full of meat, flavor, and super hearty. I like to serve mine with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and avocado!
I also serve this keto chili with my delicious Keto Mexican cornbread. They go perfectly together!
CHILI WITHOUT BEANS (NO BEAN CHILI)
I am a fan of traditional chili with beans but I think I like this version more where I use beef stew meat as my bean replacement.
We do this because, of course, beans are not keto. They have way too many carbs.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB AND KETO CHILI
This pot of keto chili was made on the stove top in a heavy dutch oven and the smell coming from my kitchen as this chili cooked was amazing. You could also make it in a crockpot slow cooker.
To get started on this chili recipe with no beans, I first browned my stew meat in the heavy pot. Browning adds so much flavor to the chili!
I then removed the meat from the pan and added the onion and red bell pepper. I cooked them until they were soft. I really like the addition of red bell pepper to this low carb chili to add a little sweetness.
I then added the garlic and the ground beef. After the ground beef was browned, I added the spices and the tomato paste. Yes, we are doing ground beef and beef stew meat. Such a hearty combination…no one will miss the beans in this chili!
This keto chili is full of spices. It has so much flavor!
Stir Stir Stir, add the stew meat back to the pot and the fire roasted tomatoes.
stir stir stir Simmer simmer simmer…you want this no bean chili to simmer for at least an hour. This should be enough time for the stew meat to get tender.
Doesn’t this keto and low carb chili look comforting, thick, and hearty?
I could eat this everyday, all winter long. If you prefer your keto chili on the spicy side (I do not) you can add cayenne pepper to taste or diced jalapeño!
HOW TO FREEZE THIS LOW CARB AND KETO CHILI
I like to make a double batch of this chili recipe and freeze it for meals all winter long. Simply scoop out portions into freezer bags or bowls and leave in the freezer for up to 2 months. I also do this with my keto beef stew.
LOW CARB CHILI IN A CROCKPOT SLOW COOKER
This recipe transfers to a slow cooker very easily.
Follow the instructions for the stove top, but transfer to the slow cooker when it is time to simmer and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
If you have a crockpot that has a browning feature, you can do all of the browning in the crockpot and then you only have to clean one pot!
My winters are complete with all of these soups and stews:
Chicken Enchilada Soup – really close to the chili’s version but I skip the processed cheese and masa. You will want to make a double batch of this recipe!
Leftover Steak Soup – I know, who has leftover steak? Well you will want to make steak just so you can make this soup. It is so good!
Mexican Meatball Soup – Also known as Albondigas Soup…This soup has so much flavor!
Keto Creamy Tomato Soup – A shortcut ingredients has this ready in 15 minutes and only 6 net carbs
Did you make this Keto Chili Recipe without Beans? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Easy Low Carb and Keto Chili without Beans
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 lb Beef stew meat, Cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb Ground Beef Chuck
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell pepper diced
- 6 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 28oz can Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- kosher salt to taste
- Heat a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the stew meat. Sauté until browned on all side. Remove stew meat from pot.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the pot. Saute' until translucent
- Add the ground beef to the pot and saute' until cooked through. Add the tomato paste and the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the sautéed stew meat, and crushed tomatoes, stir.
- Place a lid on top, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 1 hours...or until the stew meat is tender.
- Serve the chili with shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and keto cornbread!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- If you want your chili spicier, you can add 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper or diced jalapeño
- FOR THE CROCKPOT SLOW COOKER: Follow the instructions for the stove top, but transfer to the slow cooker when it is time to simmer and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- FREEZING KETO CHILI: I like to make a double batch of this chili recipe and freeze it for meals all winter long. Simply scoop out portions into freezer bags or bowls and leave in the freezer for up to 2 months.