Growing up in the South, cornbread was a must at every meal!
Now I’m happy to share with you this classic recipe with a low carb, keto friendly spin!
Let’s get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CORNBREAD
Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350F.
Now, spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
Now that’s done. In a large bowl combine the almond flour, salt, baking powder and cheddar cheese.
Now let’s add in your melted butter, beaten eggs, heavy cream and jalapeños.
I used pickled jalapeños because I’m scared of fresh ones, but fresh could definitely be used!
Now that you’re finished with that..
Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cut into eight pieces and be prepared to fall in love with this delicious, keto friendly, Mexican cornbread!
Make sure you serve it with lots of butter and your favorite soup. I am so ready for Fall!
Need a keto, low carb recipe to go with this Keto Mexican Cornbread? Check out my recipes for Healthy Turkey Chili, Instant Pot Beef Stew with Bacon and Mushrooms or Albondigas Soup ( Mexican Meatball Soup)!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Mexican Cornbread Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see!
Keto Mexican Cornbread
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking powder and cheddar cheese.
- Add in the melted butter, beaten eggs, heavy cream and jalapeños.
- Stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into eight pieces and serve.
- I used pickled jalapeños but fresh would work just as well, if not better.
- If you want to make this in an 8x8 casserole dish instead of a cast iron skillet, the instructions would be the same but it may take a little longer to cook.
- Freezing: These freeze really well! Wrap individual slices in freezer paper and plastic wrap. Place in freezer and keep frozen for up to 4 months. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and let thaw. Warm in the oven at 350F for a few minutes.