Keto Strawberry Shortcake is an all American dessert classic without all the worries about carbs! This less than 30 minute, sweet strawberries, whipped cream, and golden brown almond flour biscuit.. will have you sharing this sweet treat with all your keto friends in no time!
Growing up strawberry shortcake was my favorite dessert.
Now I'm excited to share with you this low carb strawberry shortcake (with a hint of vanilla) recipe!
With it's sweet strawberries and rich golden brown almond flour biscuit...this will soon be a low carb fave!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES
Let's get started!
First, let's line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and preheat the oven to 350F.
Now, in a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
Add in the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is pea size crumbles.
Don't have a pastry cutter? Use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your clean hands!
Now we add in the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla.
Stir well. The low carb strawberry shortcake batter will be thick enough to hold its shape.
Using a 3 tablespoon kitchen scoop, divide the dough into 10 biscuits. Kitchen scoops are so amazing! I use them all the time!
Bake in your preheated oven for 18 minutes.
You can use a toothpick and it should come out clean!
These are super buttery and so flaky...just like real shortcake!
Let cool before serving with sweetened strawberries and whipped cream. You will love this mouth-watering shortcake dessert! Yummy!
Check out my delicious recipes for Keto Chocolate Cupcakes, No Bake Keto Cheesecake Fluff, To Die For Keto Brownies!
Keto Strawberry Shortcake
- 3 Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons Cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- ¼ Cup Heavy cream
- ½ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 20 Medium Strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat and preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is pea size crumbles. See notes for alternative to a pastry cutter.
- Stir in the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla.
- Using a 3 tablespoon kitchen scoop, divide the dough into 10 biscuits.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a large mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, beat the whipped cream with the sweetener and vanilla until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Slice or diced (your preference) the strawberries and place in a medium sized bowl with the sweetener. Stir and set aside for 10-15 minutes stirring occassionally.
- Slice one of the shortcakes in half and top with a spoonful of strawberries and a spoonful of whipped cream.
- Don't have a pastry cutter? Use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your clean hands!
- Nutrition info is for 1 biscuit, 2 medium strawberries, and a dollop of whipped cream.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Just made them. Can’t wait to try for dessert tonight!
Natt leuen says
Great I will made it again
Katy Johnson says
I use peaches soaked overnight in a little liqueur. Awesome!
Laurie R says
My husband made these for us this evening and they are amazing!
Debra Simmonds says
Delicious! With a few macerated strawberries and whipped cream, it doesn't get any better. My guests loved it and didn't even know it was monk fruit sweetener. Devine.
EXcellent recipe. Biscuits were just perfect. Some recipes don’t cut in the butter and I think this is such a defining step for biscuits. Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Real good! 🖒
I made these with ground almonds because I was slap outa the fine almond flour. They flattened out a lot but they were still divine. Served with a raspberry rhubarb compote and whipped cream. Heavenly. Can't wait to try them with finer almond flour.
Cindy Garza says
Soo I tried this recipe. Ran out of almond flour so I had to use 1 1/2 cups coconut flour. Very dry and crumbly. 🙁 not working. Wondering if more cream could be used or if sour cream?..any thoughts? Thank you.
I'm usually skeptical, but this was amazing!!!
These are delicious, light and fluffy! I chose the recipe for gluten free reasons (it uses just almond flour instead of a blend all the other GF recipes were requiring) so I used regular sugar in them for a non-keto biscuit. Great recipe!! Thank you for sharing!
Made these several times! Sometimes I’ll just eat one with my coffee or tea in the morning...So good! Thank you so much for sharing! ?
I am just new to the Keto world and I am a lover of being in my kitchen and baking for all my family and friends. My question is.....when I look at the nutritional information you provide are you giving total carbohydrates? For this recipe it’s 11g of carbohydrates and 5g Fibre so it’s then only 6g Net Carbs right????
Yes, that is correct!
Very good. Used almond milk with 1/2 tbsp cornstarch instead of heavy cream. Will decrease monkfruit to 1/3 cup. Made 13 biscuits instead of 10. Husband loved them
Can you use full fat coconut milk or whole milk instead of cream?
I haven't tested that so I really cannot say
Delicious! Make this and you won't be disappointed. I cut the sweetener in half for both the biscuits & the whipped cream & it was perfect.
Robin Armstrong says
Very delicious! How many net carbs?
Made these tonight!!! So good! My family loved them too. Curious if the shortcake would freeze okay?! Thanks!
Tried so I could have strawberry shortcake with the rest of the fam and I’m so happy I did! Delicious and then the fam started eating these instead of yellow cake!
Carol Ann Camp says
Could I leave the sweetener out? We just want biscuits with lots of butter and keto strawberry jam.
That would work!
Chloe S. says
That sounds like a great idea! Now my family has biscuits for dinner!
Could you pulse the almond flour and butter in a food processor??
Andrea Metlika says
The keto shortcakes look awesome. I want to eat them by themselves but I also want to eat them with the strawberries and cream. Yummy!
I made these for friends who are keto at a dinner party and EVERYONE loved them... even the non-keto folks!
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
One of my favourite ever desserts! These look so delicious and I love that they're keto!
This Strawberry Shortcake looks so delicious! I can't believe that it's keto-friendly!
Renee Goerger says
These are delicious! Strawberry shortcake is my favorite and I love that I can still eat it on my keto diet.
These look rather inviting! I often get tempted to try out the keto diet again; I lost a lot of weight on it earlier this year.
Love this recipe! So easy and so delicious! I will definitely be making again.