Keto Strawberry Shortcakes is an all American dessert classic without all the worries about carbs! This less than 30 minute, sweet strawberries, whipped cream, and golden brown almond flour biscuit.. will have you sharing this sweet treat with all your keto friends in no time!
Growing up strawberry shortcake was my favorite dessert.
Now I’m excited to share with you this low carb strawberry shortcake (with a hint of vanilla) recipe!
With it’s sweet strawberries and rich golden brown almond flour biscuit…this will soon be a low carb fave!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES
Let’s get started!
First, let’s line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and preheat the oven to 350F.
Now, in a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
Add in the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is pea size crumbles.
Don’t have a pastry cutter? Use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your clean hands!
Now we add in your eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla.
Stir well. The low carb strawberry shortcake batter will be thick enough to hold its shape.
Using a 1/4 cup kitchen scoop, divide the dough into 10 biscuits. Kitchen scoops are so amazing! I use them all the time!
Bake in your preheated oven for 18 minutes.
You can use a toothpick and it should come out clean!
These are super buttery and so flaky…just like real shortcake!
Let cool before serving with sweetened strawberries and whipped cream. You will love this mouth-watering shortcake dessert! Yummy!
Keto Strawberry Shortcakes
- 3 Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons Cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat and preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is pea size crumbles. See notes for alternative to a pastry cutter.
- Add in the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla.
- Stir well!
- Using a 1/4 cup kitchen scoop, divide the dough into 10 biscuits.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18 minutes.
- A toothpick will come out clean.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy! Serve with sweetened whipped cream and sweetened strawberries.
- Don't have a pastry cutter? Use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your clean hands!
- To sweeten the strawberries, cut off the green tops and chop the strawberries. Place in a bowl with a little sweetener. Let sit to let the strawberries macerate. Add more sweetener to taste.
- Nutrition info is just for the biscuits.