Growing up strawberry shortcake was my favorite dessert.
Now I’m excited to share with you this keto strawberry shortcake (with a hint of vanilla) recipe!
With it’s sweet strawberries and rich golden brown almond flour biscuit…this will soon be a low carb fave!
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Let’s get started!
First, let’s line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and preheat the oven to 350F.
Now, in a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
Add in the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is pea size crumbles.
Don’t have a pastry cutter? Use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your clean hands!
Now we add in your eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla.
Stir well. The keto strawberry shortcake batter will be thick enough to hold its shape.
Using a 1/4 cup kitchen scoop, divide the dough into 10 biscuits. Kitchen scoops are so amazing! I use them all the time!
Bake in your preheated oven for 18 minutes.
You can use a toothpick and it should come out clean!
These are super buttery and so flaky…just like real shortcake!
Let cool before serving with sweetened strawberries and whipped cream. You will love this mouth-watering shortcake dessert! Yummy!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Strawberry Shortcakes
- #16 (1/4 cup) kitchen scoop
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat and preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is pea size crumbles. See notes for alternative to a pastry cutter.
- Add in the eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and vanilla.
- Stir well!
- Using a 1/4 cup kitchen scoop, divide the dough into 10 biscuits.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18 minutes.
- A toothpick will come out clean.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy! Serve with sweetened whipped cream and sweetened strawberries.
- Don't have a pastry cutter? Use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your clean hands!
- Lakanto is my new favorite low carb sweetener. You will find a coupon at the bottom of this recipe. You can also use Swerve or any granulated sweetener that is a 1 for 1 replacement for sugar.
- To sweeten the strawberries, cut off the green tops and chop the strawberries. Place in a bowl with a little Lakanto sweetener. Let sit to let the strawberries macerate. Add more sweetener to taste.
- Nutrition info is just for the biscuits.