Chicken Enchilada Soup is the full of flavor go-to on any Chili’s menu. Now you can indulge in this hearty, zesty, copycat recipe with no stress of carbs! Bring one of the best things on the Chili’s menu, home to your keto kitchen!
I love all things soup! Especially Chili’s Enchilada Soup! This soup tastes just like the delicious Chili’s version, but I made some adjustments to keep it keto. This means I didn’t use any processed cheese or masa (corn flour). Yes, their soup uses both!
Now I’m happy to share with you, just in time for Fall, this full or flavor Chicken Enchilada Soup, keto style!
Let’s get started!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP (CHILI’S COPYCAT)
First, heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add in the onion, garlic, spices and chicken.
Make sure you cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes). The chicken doesn’t need to be browned.
Now, let’s pour in the enchilada sauce and chicken broth.
Whisk in the xanthan gum and bring to a boil to thicken. As with all of my other soups and sauces that need to be thickened, I used xanthan gum.
Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls with lot’s of cheese!
You won’t believe you keto taste buds, when you try this Copycat Chicken Enchilada Soup!
Like this keto/low carb soup? Check out my recipes for Thai Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk (Tom Kha Gai), Keto Beef Stew with Bacon ( instant pot, stove top or crockpot ), Italian Vegetable Stew with Sausage (Keto and Low Carb).
⭐ Did you make this Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili’s Copycat) Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili's Copycat)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand)
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Cup Enchilada Sauce
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic, spices and chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes).
- Pour in the enchilada sauce and chicken broth.
- Whisk in the xanthan gum and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls with lot's of cheese.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Enchilada Sauce: Find one that has little to no sugar
- What is Xanthan Gum?
- I like to add the cheese to the individual bowls because I find that if it is added to the whole pot, it sinks to the bottom and becomes a melted glob on the bottom of the pot.