This Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup is the full of flavor go-to on any Chili's menu. Now you can indulge in this hearty, zesty, copycat recipe with no stress of carbs! Bring one of the best things on the Chili's menu, home to your keto kitchen!
Soups are my favorite meal, so when Fall hits, it is on my menu just about every week. This recipe is super easy and so flavorful. It is great for meal prep, or just for a weeknight dinner.
I love all things soup! Especially Chili's Enchilada Soup! This soup tastes just like the delicious Chili's version, but I made some adjustments to keep it keto. This means I didn't use any processed cheese or masa (corn flour). Yes, their soup uses both!
Now I'm happy to share with you, just in time for Fall, this full or flavor Chicken Enchilada Soup, keto style!
Let's get started!
How to make keto chicken enchilada soup
First, heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add in the onion, garlic, spices and chicken.
Make sure you cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes). The chicken doesn't need to be browned.
Now, let's pour in the enchilada sauce and chicken broth.
Whisk in the xanthan gum and bring to a boil to thicken. As with all of my other soups and sauces that need to be thickened, I used xanthan gum.
Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls with lot's of cheese!
You won't believe your keto taste buds, when you try this Copycat Chicken Enchilada Soup!
Checkout these most recent recipes on the blog:
- Low Carb Breakfast Burrito for One
- Pumpkin French Onion Soup
- Keto Strawberry Muffins
- Garlic Butter Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice
- Pesto Chicken with Burst Tomatoes
- Baked Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Checkout these other amazingly delicious soup recipes:
- Nourishing Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Keto Creamy Taco Soup
- Creamy Keto Tomato Soup
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
I hope you enjoy this Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available for pre-order! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/ketocookbook
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Cup Enchilada Sauce
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic, spices and chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes).
- Pour in the enchilada sauce and chicken broth.
- Whisk in the xanthan gum and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls with lot's of cheese.
- Enchilada Sauce: Find one that has little to no sugar
- What is Xanthan Gum?
- I like to add the cheese to the individual bowls because I find that if it is added to the whole pot, it sinks to the bottom and becomes a melted glob on the bottom of the pot.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Too yummy. Made with carbquick cheddar biscuits.
What can you use instead of Xanthan gym? It gives me migraines.
I would just leave it out
JOY BURNHAM says
Is there anything else to use for thickening? I use this stuff but is makes the liquid so gelatinous.
Carol B says
Have you frozen leftovers
Susanna Horton says
Made this tonight! Fabulous!
Brady Gatewood says
That looks awesome. I can’t wIt to makes some.
OMG YES… Can I use arrowroot powder instead of xantham gum?
That should work but I am not sure on the amount
JOY BURNHAM says
I looked up the amount to use in arrowroot powder. 1 TB to 1 tsp
Just make it! So delicious! ?
Becky Bender says
Can you make the chicken enchilada soup gluten free?
It is gluten free
Delicious and no one needed to know it was low carb ...lol
Renee Goerger says
I love how quickly and easily this recipe comes together. It's a family favorite!!