These easy Keto Pumpkin Bars are perfectly spiced and have an amazing pumpkin flavor. They are soft and more of a custard texture, similar to pumpkin pie! The cream cheese frosting is a simple recipe of only 5 ingredients and uses only 1 bowl! This keto pumpkin recipe freezes incredibly well so you can always have a treat on hand.
Keto Pumpkin Bars
It's pumpkin time aka the fall season and these low carb pumpkin bars are perfect for any pumpkin lover who is following a low carb diet. This easy recipe uses simple ingredients and is my favorite way to use leftover pumpkin puree.
Coconut flour will work in this recipe. You just need to use 1 cup in place of the almond flour and use 4 eggs instead of 3.
Yes! Canned pumpkin puree is essentially just pureed pumpkin. It usually doesn't contain and sugar or any other ingredients so it is very keto friendly. Be sure you get 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling will have added sugar.
½ cup contains 10 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber so that would be 7 grams of net carbs. This recipe uses 1 cup of pumpkin puree and has 9 servings so the pumpkin only adds a little over 2 total carbs per serving. Perfect for the keto diet!
Some of my best Keto Pumpkin recipes:
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY RECIPES? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and get my 80+ recipe e-cookbook absolutely FREE!
Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar free powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- splash of heavy cream or milk if needed
- 9x9 inch (22x22cm) square metal cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C) and prepare a metal 9x9 inch (22x22cm) cake pan with a parchment paper sling and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Now stir in the wet ingredients: eggs and pumpkin puree with a rubber spatula or you can use an electric mixer.
- Spread into an even layer in the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
Prepare the frosting
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the powdered sweetener until fully combined, followed by the vanilla extract. If the frosting is too thick, add a splash of heavy cream or milk and stir until smooth.
- Spread the icing in an even layer on the pumpkin bars and cut into 9 equal slices.
- Sugar Substitute: I have linked my favorite low carb sweetener in the ingredients above which is an erythritol and monk fruit sweetener blend. The recipe calls for granulated in the base and powdered for the icing. If you do not want to purchase 2 different products for the base and for the icing, you can use the powdered for both.
- Storage: store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freezing: Wrap the cut bars in plastic wrap and put in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.