This Italian stew recipe is a perfect low carb stew as it used a lot of non-starchy vegetables like cauliflower rice and spinach. The Italian sausage and fire roasted tomatoes really bring home that Italian flavor we are looking for in an Italian soup!
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH SAUSAGE
With fall approaching you think of things like.. pumpkins, fall leaves, warm smells and STEW!
This is a great way to finally clean out those leftover veggies in your freezer or pantry as we kick start this new season!
Let’s get started!
In a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid add in Italian Sausage, garlic, onion and celery.
Cook over medium heat until sausage is cooked through and onion and celery are soft. This should take about 5 – 8 minutes.
Add in tomatoes, cauliflower rice, frozen spinach, beef broth, bullion cubes, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
Stir well and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low, place lid on top and let the keto vegetable soup simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in individual bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil. This step is totally optional but I think it really makes the soup out of this world!
Enjoy this hearty, full of flavor, Italian Vegetable Stew!
⭐ Did you make this Italian Vegetable Stew with Sausage Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Italian Vegetable Stew with Sausage - Keto and Low Carb
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced fired roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounces Frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 cups Chopped frozen spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Beef broth
- 2 Beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for finishing (optional)
- In a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid add in Italian Sausage, garlic, onion and celery.
- Cook over medium heat until sausage is cooked through and crumbled and onion and celery are soft.
- Add in tomatoes, cauliflower rice, frozen spinach, beef broth, bullion cubes, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Stir well and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, place lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
- I created this as a clean out the freezer soup, but you can definitely use fresh ingredients. If using fresh spinach, double the amount.
- Finishing olive oil is not included in the nutrition information.
- Storing: This stew will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Freezing: This is a good soup to make as a freezer meal! Cook and crumble the sausage and let cool. Add all ingredients to a freezer bag or bowl. Freeze for up to 4 months. When ready to serve, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight, pour the contents into a heavy bottom pot and let simmer for 30 minutes. Serve.