This Instant Pot chicken soup is so simple and hearty with lots of veggies. Make it creamy, but still healthy and low carb with the addition of a little heavy cream.
I am a huge soup lover and this Instant Pot Chicken Soup is perfectly low carb, full of yummy veggies, and made in my favorite kitchen appliance!
I love this soup because it can be made in under 30 minutes…yes, soup in under 30 minutes! Lets go!
Some other soups to warm you up during this Fall weather are:
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Albondigas Soup
- Acorn Squash Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Low Carb Chicken Soup with Spaghetti Squash Noodles
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana
The base of this Instant pot creamy chicken soup starts with cooking the chicken. I added all of the chicken to the pot, followed by the onions, broth and all of the seasonings.
I locked the lid and set the timer to 10 minutes. My chicken breast were frozen, but this can be done with fresh chicken breast as well. For fresh chicken, lower the time to 8 minutes.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
After a 10 minute natural pressure release, I released the rest of the pressure and removed the lid.
At this point I added all of the veggies. I locked the lid once more and I set the time to zero. This is done by hitting the manual or pressure cook button and then pressing the minus button until it has zero on the screen.
The pot will come back up to pressure and then immediately turn off. I then released the pressure via a quick release. This method gives perfectly cooked vegetables.
Finally, I added the heavy cream, cream cheese, and I tasted for seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP VIDEO:
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried dill
- 1 Cup Carrots, large dice
- 1/2 Cup Celery, large dice
- 1 1/2 Cup Broccoli florets
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup Heavy cream
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, onion, garlic, thyme, and dill to the Instant Pot. Set the lid to sealing and cook under high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken. Then add the chicken, carrots, celery, and broccoli. Seal the lid and set the time to zero. After the timer goes off, release the pressure via a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the cream cheese and the heavy cream. season to taste.
- I used frozen chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can use fresh. Just reduce the chicken cooking time to 8 minutes. See my post for Instant Pot chicken breast for my Ultimate guide on cooking chicken breast in the Instant Pot.
- Setting the cooking time to zero - this is done by hitting the manual or pressure cook button and then pressing the minus button until it has zero on the screen.
⭐ Did you make this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer