This recipe for Keto Crack Chicken gives instructions for the Instant Pot, slow cooker or stove top. Instead of that infamous ranch packet, I use flavorful herbs and spices.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I have been so intrigued by this Crack Chicken recipe that has been floating around! What could be better than shredded chicken mixed with cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, cheddar cheese, and bacon?
I went a little rogue with my recipe and I am not using a ranch dressing mix packet. It's not something I keep in my house but I do keep a slew of dried herbs and spices.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CRACK CHICKEN - STOVE TOP
So for this crack chicken recipe I used some delicious, flavorful spices and herbs to bring that ranch flavor we have come to know and love! We also use cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon to make extra delicious!
For the stove top version of crack chicken, we first need to cook the chicken breast. The best way to do this is to poach them. Add your cold chicken breast to a pot of cold water. You want the water to just cover the chicken. Season the water generously with salt and bring the water to a boil, then reduce to low can let simmer for about 15 minutes. You want to cook the chicken on low until a meat thermometer reads 165F.
SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN
To make this scrumptious crack chicken recipe in the slow cooker, you would add the chicken, half a cup of chicken broth, and all of the spices to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 6 hours. When the chicken is finished, shred with 2 forks, then mix in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon.
INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN
To make this simply delicious crack chicken in the Instant Pot, add half a cup of chicken broth, the chicken breast, and the spices to the instant pot. Set the pot to 8 minutes high pressure, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Remove the chicken from the pot and all but ½ cup of the liquid. Return the chicken to the pot and shred with 2 forks. Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and the bacon.
CRACK CHICKEN DIP
To keep this low carb, you can just eat it with a spoon, on top of a salad, or you can eat it as a dip! I love it with veggie sticks like bell pepper, cucumber and carrots.
I love to eat this on a slice of 90 second bread, or on top of a bed of arugula. You could serve it as a dip with chips or with cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
Watch the video below where Jennifer will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
The Best Crack Chicken Recipe - No Ranch Packet
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 teaspoon Dried Chives
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, cut into smaller chunks
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices Bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Add the chicken, broth, and spices to the crock pot. Set on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Shred the chicken with 2 forks when finished.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and the crumbled bacon.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Add the chicken, broth, and spices to the Instant pot. Close the lid, set to sealing, and set the timer to 8 minutes high pressure, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Discard all of the liquid except ½ cup. Return the chicken back to the pot and shred with 2 forks.
- Mix in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon. Serve
- Recipe yields 5 cups of crack chicken or 2 pounds 6 ounces. One serving would be 1 cup or 8.3 ounces
- Serve with crispy broccoli. Bake broccoli florets in a 400F oven with a little salt until crispy.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.