This Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole uses a homemade ranch sauce with an easy DIY seasoning mix, shredded chicken, lots of cheese, chopped crispy bacon, and even some veggies! For a very generous serving, this low carb chicken casserole is only 4 net carbs!
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Chicken recipes like this are what I love about eating a keto diet. The only difference between this and a classic chicken bacon ranch casserole is the lack of pasta and the addition of vegetables. I don't know about you, but I think switching pasta for broccoli florets might be a good thing.
Whichever way you make it, this low carb casserole recipe is going to be a family favorite. You really can't go wrong with main ingredients like chicken, ranch dressing, cheese, and bacon. It is really hearty, filling and pretty much and entire meal on its own, so I really wouldn't serve it with a side dish unless you have some one that is extra hungry!
This easy keto chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe uses simple ingredients, but I provide swap options incase you want to make it your own. The full printable recipe card is toward the bottom of the page.
I know this may seem like a lot of ingredients, but most of them are the ranch seasoning mix. If you're in a pinch, use a ranch packet.
- Ranch seasoning mix: This is so much better than a packet of ranch seasoning that is mostly salt. We've got dried parsley, dill, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. So much flavor!
- Heavy cream and cream cheese: this combined with the seasoning makes our ranch flavor sauce.
- Broccoli florets: I love the addition of green the broccoli brings to this dish. You could also use cauliflower rice or florets instead (that could be a way to disguise the veggies!)
- Chopped or shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts: If you do not have leftover chicken in the fridge like I did from making Air fryer chicken breast, you can use a rotisserie chicken, or roast some chicken breast really quickly in the oven. You could also use chicken thighs baked in the oven. Chop into small pieces, or shred.
- Shredded cheese: mild cheddar is great, but if you're a sharp cheddar cheese gal, that would be great, too!
- Bacon: we can't have a low carb chicken bacon ranch casserole without bacon! I bake my bacon in the oven and then make bacon crumbles.
How to make keto chicken bacon ranch casserole
- Prep your chicken breast, broccoli and bacon. I like to steam my broccoli in the microwave, but you can also do so on the stovetop.
- Make the ranch sauce by combining the cream and cream cheese. Sometimes softened cream cheese is still too thick to mix with heavy cream, so I melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I stir in all the seasonings.
- Bring all the delicious flavors together: Combine the chicken, broccoli, ranch sauce, half the shredded cheddar cheese, and most of the bacon in a large bowl and stir it as best as you can. Now transfer it to your casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese and bacon on top of the casserole. Bake in the oven.
Your whole family will not be disappointed with this low carb dinner. It is the epitome of comfort food and my favorite way to make an all in one meal.
HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY RECIPES? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and get my 80+ recipe e-cookbook absolutely FREE!
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole - Easy and Cheesy
This post may contain affiliate links
- 1 pound broccoli florets, (note 1)
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 4 cup cooked, chopped or shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 13x9 inch (37x22 cm) baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C)
Steam the broccoli
- Add the broccoli florets to a large, microwave safe bowl and pour in ½ cup (118ml) of water. Cover with a large plate or lid and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove the lid carefully, drain the water, and set aside.
Make the ranch sauce
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small mixing bowl.
- In a liquid measuring cup or mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and the cream cheese. If it is not coming together, microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cream cheese further. Stir in the seasonings.
Make the casserole
- In the large bowl with the broccoli, add in the chopped chicken, half of the cheese, and most of the bacon. Pour the ranch sauce over top and stir well. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and top evenly with the remaining cheese and bacon pieces. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the casserole is bubbling. Makes 6-8 servings.
- Alternative vegetables: use cauliflower florets or cauliflower rice
- Ranch seasoning: Use a ranch packet instead of the seasonings if you're in a pinch.
- Storage: Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Meal prep: Divide into individual portions and store in meal prep containers in the refrigerator.
- Nutrition in the chart is for 6 servings. For 8 smaller portions servings: Calories 379, fat: 27g, Carbs: 4g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 31g
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.