Air Fryer Chicken Breast…an easy way to cook chicken with loads of flavor! The trick is to use simple ingredients and let the air fryer do all the work. You’ll have juicy seasoned chicken breast in less than 30 minutes!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein and great for a low carb diet. It is lean and with added fat and vegetables, you’re set for an amazing keto meal! You can prepare this Air Fryer Chicken Breast, with little prep work, in less than 30 minutes!
Juicy Seasoned Chicken - The Preparation
I love a well seasoned piece of chicken, that is juicy and uses quality spices!
The key is to coat the chicken breast with quality spices and make sure not to overcook. I like to use butter to accentuate the flavor of spices. Overcooking happens when the internal temperature has reached 165F and the juices begin to boil out of the meat until its dry. The best way to avoid overcooking is to use an internal meat thermometer. It is a life saver, literally!
Using two chicken cutlets, cut them in half. Set the now four pieces aside. In a small bowl, mix seasonings with the avocado oil. Once thoroughly mixed, spread the seasoned oil over each cutlet.
Now it is time to watch the magic happen. Place each cutlet in the air fryer on 370F for 10-15 minutes. I like to check it after about 10 minutes with my meat thermometer. The temperature should be 165F, if not, cook for an additional 3 minutes or until temperature is reached.
MORE REALLY QUICK AIR FRYER RECIPES
- AIR FRYER PORK TENDERLOIN
- AIR FRYER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- WHOLE CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut each breast in half lengthwise (see notes) resulting in 4 chicken cutlets.
- In a small bowl, mix the seasonings in with the oil and spread the mixture on top of each chicken breast cutlet.
- Place in the air fryer and cook at 370F for 10-15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes for doneness with an internal meat thermometer. Should be 165F. Continue cooking until temperature reached.
- Remove from air fryer and serve.
- To cut the chicken in half lengthwise - place one hand flat on top of a chicken breast and, holding your knife parallel to the cutting board, slice it horizontally from the thick end to the thin end. (see photo in post above)
- Avoid Overcooked Chicken - Cook the chicken breast until the internal temperature is around 165F.
- Checking for Doneness - To properly check the meats internal temperature, you need to check the temperature of the center of the meat.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.