Yes, you can make perfect filet mignon in the air fryer without overcooking it! This steak comes out with a superb brown crust on all sides without having to dirty up your stove-top.
However you like your filet mignon cooked, the air fryer is definitely up for the job. I personally prefer medium-well, but with this tutorial you can cook your beef tenderloin to your desired doneness without all of the mess of using a skillet.
Cooking filet mignon in the air fryer using my tips will have you feeling like a home chef! I know filet mignon is definitely expensive, but it is perfect for special occasions or for date night.
How to make perfect air fryer filet mignon
Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and let them sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. This cut of beef is usually quite thick so you will need to make sure they are properly seasoned.
Air fry the steaks at 400F for 10-15 minutes. the cook times will vary depending on the thickness of your steak. Be sure to check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer for perfect air fryer steak every single time.
I like to air fry filet mignon because they are thick and they can get a nice brown crust before they overcook. The hot air of the air fryer surrounds the steaks for even cooking resulting in a perfect steak cooked your way.
More air fryer recipes
Air Fryer Filet Mignon - Perfect Every Time!
This post may contain affiliate links
- 4 6-8 ounce Filet mignon (beef tenderloin steaks)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- About 30 minutes ahead of cooking, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and pat steaks dry with paper towels. Season all sides generously with sea salt and a little fresh ground black pepper.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Place the steaks in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry the steaks at 400F for 10-15 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on your desired doneness and the thickness of the steak. My steaks were 2 inches thick and they took 13 minutes for medium-well. Use a meat thermometer inserted halfway through the center of the steak to check the internal temperature. Remember, steaks will continue to cook after you pull them from the air fryer. Be sure to pull them about 10 degrees under your desired doneness and then let the steak rest before cutting.
- Store leftover steak in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Rare: 125F - 130F
- Medium rare: 130F - 140F
- Medium steak: 140F - 150F
- Medium-well: 150F - 160F
- Well done: our 160F
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.