When I want lasagna, I want unmistakable comfort food. This keto lasagna definitely fits the bill because it is nothing but the good stuff. No zucchini noodles to be found! The best part is this lasagna recipe can be made any night of the week. It's that easy!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I am all about keto dinners that my whole family will eat. If I were to have put zucchini noodles or cabbage noodles in this keto lasagna...they would have turned their nose up really quick.
THE MEAT AND SAUCE LAYER
Our first layer of the lasagna is going to be our meat and sauce layer. This consists ground beef, Italian Sausage, and marinara sauce. I use a jarred sauce but you can slo make your own with my recipe for keto marinara sauce.
We cook that all together and then layer half of it in a 9x13 casserole dish.
THE RICOTTA CHEESE LAYER
This layer goes on top of the meat layer and it consists of ricotta cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. We put this entire mixture on top of our beef layer.
Now we layer the rest of the meat mixture on top.
And finally we top it with mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until it is nice and bubbly.
FREEZING KETO LASAGNA
If you want to freeze the whole lasagna, assemble it in a foil 9x13 baking pan and then wrap tightly with foil. Place in the freezer and keep frozen for up to 2 months. When you are ready to serve it, remove it from the freezer and bake in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Some other amazing casserole recipes that my family loves:
- Loaded Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Meat Lovers Pizza Casserole
- Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Keto Lasagna - No Zucchini!
For the Meat Layers
- 1 Pound Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- ½ Cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 24 ounce Jar Marinara (click here to see my favorite brand)
For the cheese layers
- 15 Ounces Ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- For the meat layer:
- In a large pot over medium high heat, brown and crumble the sausage and ground beef with the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the marinara. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the ricotta layer:
- mix together the ricotta, eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic, and 1 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Assemble the lasagna:
- In a large 9x13 casserole, layer half of the meat mixture in the bottom.
- layer all of the ricotta mixture on top
- Now the rest of the meat mixture goes on top of the ricotta mixture
- Finish off by sprinkling the mozzarella and the remaining ½ cup of parmesan.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Freezing instructions: If you want to freeze the whole lasagna, assemble it in a foil 9x13 baking pan and then wrap tightly with foil. Place in the freezer and keep frozen for up to 2 months. When you are ready to serve it, remove it from the freezer and bake in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.