I know I have mentioned this before, but I have a very picky family. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is always a huge hit with my husband and kids! I mean, how could I go wrong with juicy chicken and ham in a rich and cheese sauce?
My version of this popular casserole leaves out the pasta and rice because, well, chicken cordon bleu doesn’t have pasta or rice! Plus, that’s not keto!
I could have added a “breadcrumb” layer using almond flour or something similar, but I didn’t want this casserole to be 1,000 calories per serving.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE
To get started with this low carb casserole, we first have to get the chicken cooked. This can be done several ways, but my favorite method is with my Instant Pot. I use my tutorial for Instant Pot Chicken Breast and I have perfectly cooked chicken ready to chop up!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Next up, dice 8 ounces of ham slices and throw that on top. I like to use smoked ham, but any ham will work just fine.
Now we’re going to make the sauce. I use a hand mixer to mix together the softened butter, softened cream cheese, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and water. The sauce should be quite thick so it will need to be spread onto the ham and chicken mixtures. Doesn’t that look scrumptious!
Now it’s time for more cheese! You can use Swiss or provolone, or heck, any cheese you want cause you’re the boss! I used 8 slices of provolone because we are not big Swiss fans.
I don’t use Swiss in my Crustless Quiche, either!
Now it’s time to bake this monster up until it is bubbly and golden on top.
In the mean time, you can check out these other delicious easy keto weeknight dinners that get rave reviews from my family! Instant Pot Chicken Legs, Stuffed Green Peppers, Crack Slaw, Keto Meatballs, and Shish Kabobs!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces Ham, chopped
- 1 Stick Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 4 ounces Water
- 8 Slices Swiss or Provolone cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, combine the butter, cream cheese, dijon mustard, vinegar. Gently beat in the water. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 12 casserole, layer the chicken evenly across the bottom, followed by the ham. Spread the butter and cream cheese mixture on top of the ham. Finish by layering the cheese slices on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until he top begins to brown and bubble.
- Serve heaping spoonfuls with a side salad.
⭐ Did you make this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer