These Beef Shish Kabobs are delicious grilled steak skewered with zucchini (or any veggie) and then served with a homemade easy chimichurri. I also give instructions for baking these in the oven.
Shish kabobs are great because they can be cooked super fast…whether on the grill or in the oven. It’s an easy low carb or keto dinner that you can have ready on a weekday, even when you are pressed for time.
I served this steak kabob recipe with a really easy chimichurri and Microwave Cauliflower Rice. You could also serve this with one of these other easy side dishes:
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
- Olive Tapenade
- Crockpot Cheese Dip
To get started, I first made the chimichurri. Instead of chopping this up in the food processor, I read it was better (and more traditional) to chop the parsley with a sharp knife and then mix it all together manually with the olive oil. For my chimichurri I used, parsley, red pepper flake, dried oregano, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and olive oil.
It adds so much flavor to the steak shish kabobs!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
My next task was to cut my top sirloin steak into even chunks. I also cut up my zucchini into even pieces. You could use other veggies for this recipe such as tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
I then seasoned the skewers liberally with salt and pepper.
To cook these shish kabobs, I used a hot cast iron grill pan and I cooked them for about 5 minutes per side. You could also cook them on an outside grill the same way.
You can also cook these in the oven on a baking sheet. Instructions for this method will be in the recipe below.
I then served with the chimichurri on top for those who don’t mind a little spice.
I hope you love these steak shish kabobs as much as my family did! They were a big hit!
Steak Shish Kabobs with Chimichurri
- 2 pounds Top sirloin steak, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 Zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Pre-heat a grill pan to medium-high. See notes for baking instructions.
- Skewer the steak and the zucchini onto metal skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 1 hour before using. drizzle the oil on the skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the skewers on each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest while you make the chimichurri.
- Combine the parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes, oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Spoon over the steak before serving.
- To bake these skewers in the oven: pre-heat the oven to 450F. Line the skewers on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- You can use other vegetables in addition to or in place of the zucchini.
⭐ Did you make this Steak Shish Kabob with Chimichurri Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer