This is the creamiest mashed cauliflower you will ever have. The instant pot makes the cauliflower super soft and it purees like a dream.
I haven’t been one to make much mashed cauliflower since I have been low carb because I never thought it tasted like anything worth eating. The cauliflower never pureed super smooth and it always ended up watery.
I finally had a lightbulb moment and realized the Instant Pot would be perfect for making the cauliflower super soft without it being waterlogged from boiling.
The Instant Pot isn’t my first choice when it comes to making vegetables because they come out mushy…but that is perfect for mashed cauliflower!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT MASHED CAULIFLOWER
The first thing I did was trim all of the leaves and stem from the bottom of the cauliflower but I left the head intact. This really made this mashed cauliflower so easy!
Next, l pulled out my Instant Pot and placed the trivet inside. Then I added 1/2 cup of water, followed by the head of cauliflower.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I placed the lid on the pot and set it to sealing. Then I set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure.
When the time was up I did a quick release and removed the lid.
I used mitts to pull the trivet with the cauliflower out of the pot. You can see just how tender this cauliflower is!
I then put it all in a food processor with butter, cream cheese, pepper and salt.
I only had to run the food processor for about 30 seconds to get this fully pureed. For best results, scrape the sides and puree for about 10 seconds more.
This Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower pureed like a dream!
It is so creamy and delicious! I was actually shocked with how good it was the first time I tried it. Even my picky husband liked it!
Serve it plain or with a big pat of butter and some chives.
You could also add some roasted garlic to the food processor before you puree to make garlic mashed cauliflower.
Checkout my category Low Carb Side Dishes for recipe like:
- Zucchini Casserole
- Crockpot Cheese Dip
- Microwave Cauliflower Rice
- Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower - So Creamy!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, stem and leaves removed
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Steam the Cauliflower
- Add the water to the Instant Pot, followed by the trivet and the head of cauliflower. Place the lid, set to sealing, and cook for 5 minutes on high pressure. Quick release after the cook time is finished and remove the lid.
Make the Mashed Cauliflower
- Remove the trivet from the pot using mitts. The cauliflower should be fall apart tender. Add the cauliflower to a food processor, followed by the butter, cream cheese, pepper, and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Serve with a pat of butter and chives if desired.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- If you want to make this without an Instant pot, steam the chopped cauliflower in a pot with 1 inch of water. When fork tender, remove from the pot and drain. Continue in step 2 above.
⭐ Did you make this Instant pot Mashed Cauliflower recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer