Yes, you read that right. This is Cauliflower Mac and Cheese and it is so cheesy that you can say goodbye to bland cauliflower forever!
When I was coming up with this Cauliflower mac and cheese, I was poking around other recipes and I noticed a trend of bland cauliflower even though it was coated in cheesy goodness. I couldn’t have any of that so I set out to make my creamy bacony cauliflower mac and cheese extra flavorful…and I think I succeeded!
This cheese sauce coats every nook and cranny of the cauliflower so there is no bland cauliflower here!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
One of my favorite foods in the whole world is mac and cheese. The cheesier, the better. I love it so much so that I still sneak bites of my kids mac and cheese every now and then because it just has this hold on my taste buds. I just cannot resist that cheesy, creaminess!
What is it about creamy cheesy dishes that are so comforting to our souls? It’s like this deep down craving that we acquire from childhood and it never leaves us.
Then you add bacon to the mix and OMG, it’s a match made in cheesy heaven. Of course, anything with bacon added to it is amazing. I have a love affair with bacon, if you haven’t noticed.
I do believe this cheesy cauliflower has a leg up over traditional macaroni and cheese in the re-heating department. I think we can all agree that macaroni and cheese doesn’t re-heat in the microwave very well. It gets dried out pretty fast. Well, I can attest that my cauliflower mac and cheese heats in the microwave beautifully because I am enjoying a bowl as we speak.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE VIDEO:
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Cut your cauliflower florets from the stem. You want to make each floret small, no bigger than 1 inch in diameter.
- Add the florets to a medium saucepan with 1/2 tbsp of salt. Add enough water to come half way up the cauliflower
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer until cauliflower is just tender, about 5 minutes
- drain cauliflower and keep it draining for at least 5 minutes
- Saute diced bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels
- For the cheese sauce, in a small saucepan, melt the cream cheese with the heavy cream over medium low heat, add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and whisk until melted.
- In a medium bowl, add cauliflower and bacon, pour cheese sauce on top and stir to combine
- Salt to taste
- garnish with extra cheese and chopped parsley
- Make the florets small so the cheese sauce coats every nook and cranny.
- I put 1/2 tbsp of mustard powder in the recipe but I added 1 tbsp to my own dish. It gave it a nice kick!
- Make sure you shred your own cheese. Pre shredded cheese in this will make you sad.
⭐ Did you make this Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer