Keto Shrimp and Cheesy Grits is the cheesy buttery flavor we love from the traditional southern shrimp and grits recipe without all the carbs! Now you can make this old classic right in your keto kitchen in just 30 minutes! With it's tender shrimp, cheesy cauliflower grits, and savory bacon...so much flavor packed into one bowl!
Keto Shrimp and Grits...so much cheesy, buttery flavor packed into one bowl!
Now with some healthy substitutions my keto/low carb family can enjoy this southern classic!
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO SHRIMP AND CHEESY GRITS
First. Pulse the cooked cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles grits consistency. I like to use frozen cauliflower rice that can be steamed in the bag. You could use fresh cauliflower that would need to be steamed as well.
Dump the cauliflower in a sauce pan and add in the butter, heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
Start to melt the cheese and butter.
The grits will be nice and creamy.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In large skillet over medium high heat cook the bacon until crisp.
Drain on a paper towels and set aside to cool.
Crumble when cooled.
Now in the same skillet used to cook the bacon, reduce the heat to medium and add in the shrimp and garlic.
Cook the shrimp on both sides until pink opaque.
Top with the chopped parsley.
To serve the keto shrimp and grits, spoon grits into bowls and top with the shrimp and bacon.
Same great classic flavor we love now keto style! Yummy!
Like this keto/low carb dinner recipe? Check out my recipes for One Pot Keto Butter Chicken, Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Shrimp or Egg Roll in a bowl with Shrimp and Pork!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Shrimp and Cheesy Grits Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- 2 12 ounce Bags frozen cauliflower, cooked according to package directions
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Slices bacon
- 1 Pound Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the cooked cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles grits consistency.
- Dump the cauliflower in a sauce pan and add in the butter, heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
- Start to melt the cheddar cheese and butter.
- The grits will be nice and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Drain on papertowels and set aside to cool. Crumble when cooled and set aside.
- In the same skillet used to cook the bacon, reduce the heat to medium and add in the shrimp and garlic.
- Cook the shrimp on both sides until pink and opaque. Top with the chopped parsley.
- To serve, spoon grits into bowls and top with the shrimp and bacon.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Watch how to make it
Mary B. says
Tonight, I made the version of this that is inlcuded in your cookbook. It was outstanding and I look forward to making this version as well. I used to love grits before keto, and I can't believe how close these are!!
Absolutely loved this dish.will definitely make again
Linda Smith says
Made this for dinner tonight... delicious and easy!
I made this dish last night. My father had it for breakfast & thought it was grits and I didn't say a word. He said it was delicious. Since I've had covid-19, I didn't get my taste buds back yet. So he's my tester
I made this last night and my husband said "this is a keeper!!". It was delicious.
We loved this recipe so much...the creamy grits and spicy shrimp. We were amazed at how good the cauliflower grits were. Perfect flavour and texture. Another great recipe Jennifer 😋
Katherine Lockwood says
Made this for dinner
Tonight and it was so yummy. Bacon just
Makes everything better!!
Can you use frozen riced cauliflower for this? Would I still need to blend it?
Yes, you wouldn't need to blend it
Made this tonight and totally loved it... yum!
My hubs n kids hate cauliflower. I didn't tell them that's what it was and no one even mentioned it. "This is good, Ma". How is that possible?
Next time I'll add a little cajun spice to the shrimp. Otherwise perfect, Imo.