This is the one that will make you stop getting take out. This low carb spaghetti squash pad Thai is healthy, easy and tastes just like Pei Wei!
Anytime I would visit Pei Wei, I would always get the Shrimp Pad Thai. This was before low carb and weight watchers eating and I haven't had any in many years. This Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai tastes just like it. I am not kidding!
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH PAD THAI
Before we get started making the sauce and shrimp for the pad Thai, we need to make sure our spaghetti squash is cooked or almost cooked since it takes the longest.
You can follow the directions for my Instant Pot Spaghetti squash, or my roasted spaghetti squash instructions.
Since we are putting shrimp in our pad Thai, we are going to cook those first. You could also use chicken if you do not want to use shrimp. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the shrimp in avocado oil until they are just pink and no longer transparent.
Remove the shrimp from the pan an add in the sliced red bell pepper. Cook those until they are slightly limp. Now it is time to scramble the egg. Push the red pepper to one side of the pan and add the beaten egg to the other side. Use a spatula to scramble the egg, then you can combine the egg with the peppers in the pan. it's okay if the egg sticks to the pan a little. It will come up when we add the sauce.
Now we can start adding in the ingredients for the sauce. You can mix them all together in a bowl, but I just throw them all in the pan and stir it up with the peppers and egg. The ingredients are fish sauce, peanut butter, Sriracha, Swerve, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
Can you believe this spaghetti squash pad Thai is almost ready?
The last step we need to do is add in the spaghetti squash noodles, bean sprouts, green onion, cilantro, peanuts and lime juice.
The shrimp goes on top and this is ready to serve!
⭐ Did you make this Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Shrimp
- 4 Cups Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 12 ounces Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Red Bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- ½ Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ Cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the shrimp and cook on each side until pink and no longer translucent. Remove from the pan.
- Add the red pepper to the pan and saute until limp, about 3-5 minutes. Push the red pepper to one side and add the beaten egg to the other side. Scramble the egg with a spatula, then combine with the pepper.
- Add in the garlic, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and Sriracha. Stir until all combined and scrape any browned bits or egg from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti squash, peanuts, cilantro, bean sprouts, and lime juice. Toss with tongs until combined. Top with the shrimp and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Wow, the flavor was spot on! Another amazing dish that me and my husband just loved. I couldn't find bean sprouts, so made it without and it was still a winner. Will definitely be making this one again and again.
Stephanie W says
This is so delicious! Pad Thai is one of my favorites and I treated as a once in a while treat. Now I don't even need to splurge because this meal will satisfy my craving. Sauce is wonderful. I didn't have bean sprouts or peanuts on hand but I didn't miss them.
Tara Ursulescu says
Going to make this tonight! I will report back! Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes too and this will be my first time making it! THANK YOU!
Made this with my leftover spaghetti squash and it is AMAZING!! I left out the sprouts (not a fan) added sliced red onion (super-fan) and halved the brown sugar (only had Truvia instead of Swerve). And it is DELISH. What a great flavor combo! Thank you for the recipe. This is going to become a regular meal!
Made this tonight for dinner only with chicken breast as I had no shrimp. It was excellent. The flavour was awesome. I love your recipes Jennifer. Thank you!
Absolutely wonderful combination of flavors! Never made anything like it but was fun to put together! Will make it again!
Could you make this with almond butter for fewer carbs?
It looks very delicious. Can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing.
This sounds and looks amazing! Can't wait to try it.