Anytime I would visit Pei Wei, I would always get the Shrimp Pad Thai. This was before low carb and weight watchers eating and I haven’t had any in many years. This Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai tastes just like it. I am not kidding!
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH PAD THAI
Before we get started making the sauce and shrimp for the pad Thai, we need to make sure our spaghetti squash is cooked or almost cooked since it takes the longest.
Since we are putting shrimp in our pad Thai, we are going to cook those first. You could also use chicken if you do not want to use shrimp. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the shrimp in avocado oil until they are just pink and no longer transparent.
Remove the shrimp from the pan an add in the sliced red bell pepper. Cook those until they are slightly limp. Now it is time to scramble the egg. Push the red pepper to one side of the pan and add the beaten egg to the other side. Use a spatula to scramble the egg, then you can combine the egg with the peppers in the pan. it’s okay if the egg sticks to the pan a little. It will come up when we add the sauce.
Now we can start adding in the ingredients for the sauce. You can mix them all together in a bowl, but I just throw them all in the pan and stir it up with the peppers and egg. The ingredients are fish sauce, peanut butter, Sriracha, Swerve, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
Can you believe this spaghetti squash pad Thai is almost ready?
The last step we need to do is add in the spaghetti squash noodles, bean sprouts, green onion, cilantro, peanuts and lime juice.
The shrimp goes on top and this is ready to serve!
⭐ Did you make this Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Shrimp
- 4 Cups Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 12 ounces Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Red Bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons Swerve brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the shrimp and cook on each side until pink and no longer translucent. Remove from the pan.
- Add the red pepper to the pan and saute until limp, about 3-5 minutes. Push the red pepper to one side and add the beaten egg to the other side. Scramble the egg with a spatula, then combine with the pepper.
- Add in the garlic, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and Sriracha. Stir until all combined and scrape any browned bits or egg from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti squash, peanuts, cilantro, bean sprouts, and lime juice. Toss with tongs until combined. Top with the shrimp and serve.