One Pan Keto Butter Chicken is a packed full of flavor recipe that will leave your whole family speechless. This keto friendly, low carb, creamy chicken thigh recipe is absolutely delicious! Chicken pieces are injected with flavor thanks to an easy marinade and the Butter Chicken sauce is so delicious you can drink it!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Keto Butter Chicken – a One Pot Dinner!
This recipe is the only Indian recipe I have ever made and I have been making it for over 10 years! I am so intimidated by Indian cuisine because the ingredients list can be daunting. This recipe uses commonly found ingredients so it is perfect!
How to Make Keto Butter Chicken
For the Marinade:
Let’s get started! In a large bowl combine all your ingredients for your marinade. This would be greek yogurt, ginger paste, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Easy peasy!
Now add in your chicken thighs and stir to coat.
Once you’re finished with that, place in the refrigerator and let marinate for one hour. I don’t like to marinate chicken in greek yogurt for more than one hour as the texture becomes mealy.
Cook the Chicken:
Once your chicken is finished marinating you will need to heat your oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the chicken.
The chicken and marinade will release a lot of liquid so we will need to drain that off so our sauce doesn’t get watery.
Make the Sauce:
Now we stir in garlic, ginger paste, Garam Masala, smoked paprika and salt.
Garam Masala is an Indian spice blend that has such a distinct flavor and, since you have this keto butter chicken recipe that you will want to make over and over, I really think picking up Garam Masala from the grocery store will serve you well ?
Now we add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, butter and heavy cream. Stir and let cook for a few minutes to thicken.
Serve it up with some amazing sides!
Serve this keto butter chicken with steamed cauliflower rice and fresh cilantro. This is going to be so good!
You can also make this Keto Naan to accompany your keto butter chicken! You are definitely going to want a flat bread to soak up every drop of that amazing sauce.
⭐ Did you make this One Pot Keto Butter Chicken Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
One Pan Keto Butter Chicken
For the Marinade
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger paste
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Pounds Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size chunks
For the Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 1 8 ounce Tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl combine the yogurt, ginger paste, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add in the chicken thigh chunks and stir to coat.
- Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for one hour.
- When the chicken is finished marinating. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the chicken through, about 8 minutes. The chicken and marinade will release liquid. This needs to be poured off so your sauce isn't thin.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger paste, Garam Masala, smoked paprika and salt.
- Let it cook for one more minute.
- Add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, butter and heavy cream.
- Stir and let cook for a few minutes to thicken.
- Serve with steamed cauliflower rice and fresh cilantro.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Marinade Time: I prefer to marinate this for just one hour. any longer and the texture of the chicken goes mealy.
- Ginger Paste: This is a short cut ingredient that I love to use. You can find it in the produce department of most grocery stores. It comes in a little tube. Fresh minced ginger can be used as well.
- Avocado Oil: My favorite oil for cooking as it has a high smoke point. You could also use Ghee which is traditional in Indian cuisine.
- Garam Masala: An Indian spice that can be found on most larger grocery stores. It really has a distinct flavor and shouldn't be skipped.