A Keto Chicken Pot Pie that uses cheddar biscuits as the topping! This easy keto dinner is not short on flavor! Use chicken breast or chicken thighs for this weeknight keto meal.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Growing up, I was never a fan of chicken pot pie. I think it was the vegetables that threw me off…no surprise that a kid didn’t like vegetables, hah! Now, you can give me this Keto Chicken Pot Pie everyday for the rest of my life and I will be in heaven. So good!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN POT PIE
I used a 5 quart skillet for this recipe so I could cook the meat and vegetable mixture in the same pan that I bake it in. If you do not have a skillet this big, you can cook the filling, then transfer it to a casserole dish.
To get started we need to soften our vegetables in the pan with a mix of avocado oil and butter. The vegetables I am using are carrots, celery, and onion.
When those are soft, we can add in our garlic, chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
I used diced chicken breast for this recipe, but boneless skinless chicken thighs would work here too.
When the chicken is finished cooking, add in the heavy cream, chicken broth, and xanthan gum.
While that is simmering, I got my biscuit dough ready. I combined almond flour, garlic powder, salt, baking powder, eggs, shredded cheese, and melted butter in a large bowl.
Now we just need to scoop 9-10 biscuits out on top of the chicken and vegetable mixture. I like to use a large cookie scoop. After they are all scooped out, I flatten out the tops with a spoon.
Bake this keto chicken pot pie in a 400F oven for 20 minutes. That is all there is to this easy keto dinner!
Into easy keto dinner recipes? Try these: Crock Pot Pork Loin, Spinach Pie, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Keto Teriyaki Chicken, Pan Seared Salmon and Avocado Salsa, Ground Beef Stroganoff, and Avocado Quesadillas
⭐ Did you make this Keto Chicken Pot Pie Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuits
For the Filling
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Shredded or diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Pounds Chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
For the biscuit topping
- 2 Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup Melted butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. In a large skillet (see notes) over medium heat, add the butter and the avocado oil. Add the onion, carrot, and celery. Sauté until vegetables are soft...6-8 minutes. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and xanthan gum. Let simmer until the sauce is thickened. While the sauce is simmering, make the biscuit dough.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the biscuit dough. using a large cookie scoop, portion the mixture into biscuits on top of the filling. Flatten out the tops of the biscuits with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- This is a large recipe so you can freeze half, cut the recipe in half, feed a large family, or have lots of leftovers.
- I used a 5 quart skillet for this recipe so I could cook the meat and vegetable mixture in the same pan that I bake it in. If you do not have a skillet this big, you can cook the filling, then transfer it to a 9x13 casserole dish.
- What is Xanthan Gum?