These Oven Baked Quesadillas are taken over the top with the additions of avocado. Not only do we have delicious beef quesadillas, we have avocado and beef quesadillas!
Now I know what you are thinking…why have I never thought about adding avocado to my quesadillas or baking them in the oven? I was thinking the same thing! It was actually my moms idea!
For the scrumptious taco meat that we are going to put in our beef quesadillas, I sautéed some diced onion in avocado oil, then added in the beef and cooked it until it was done and crumbled. I then added in all of my seasonings.
HOW TO BAKE QUESADILLAS IN THE OVEN
What is better than getting a hot dinner on the table with as little fuss as possible. To get started with these quesadillas in the oven, grease a large sheet pan or spray it with cooking spray.
Of course, the bigger the sheet pan, the more quesadillas you can make. You can even do 2 sheet pans at a time if you have a large family.
So we grease our sheet pan and then lay the tortillas on top. layer on your toppings (cheese, taco meat, avocado, more cheese) then top with another tortilla.
I used tortillas that were medium sized and lower carb. You can use whichever ones you like!
Now we just bake them in the oven and they come out perfectly crispy and the cheese is perfectly melty without flipping them!
I love keto Mexican food! Some other keto friendly Mexican dishes are:
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Albondigas Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Beef and Avocado Quesadillas Baked in the Oven
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1/2 small Onion, diced
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 4 Medium size flour tortillas
- Pre-heat the oven to 430F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and cook and crumble until cooked through.
- Add in the salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Oil a large sheet pan or spray with cooking spray. Place 2 tortillas on top. layer the toppings on the tortillas: cheese, meat, avocado, cheese. Then place another tortilla on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice into 4 pieces each, and serve.
Did you make this quesadillas in the oven Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer