So what do I mean by traditional flavors for this Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe?
Have you ever eaten the rice at Mexican restaurants? Those flavors are what I mean. Delicious, flavorful, sometimes cheesy. Love. at. first. bite.
Yes, I made riced cauliflower taste like that. seasoned perfectly, not watery at all, AMAZING.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE
You can start with already riced cauliflower from the freezer section, or from the fresh section in the grocery store. I would use at least 2 packages.
For this recipe, I used fresh cauliflower that I riced in my food processor. It was super easy and I would encourage you to do the same.
You can follow this tutorial for making riced cauliflower. I just put the florets in the food processor and run it until the cauliflower resembles rice. Easy peasy!
Now it’s time to get cooking! In a large skillet, I heated my oil and then sautéed the onion until it was soft. I then added the garlic and the cauliflower rice.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Now it’s time for the tomato sauce, salt, and cumin. I mixed everything together and let it cook for about 10 minutes to let the cauliflower soften.
This really is a super easy recipe!
Here are some recipes to serve this with:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- The Easiest Steak tips
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Tamale Pie
- Steak Shish Kabobs
MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE VIDEO:
Mexican Cauliflower Rice with Traditional Flavors
PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until the onion is soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, tomato sauce, salt and cumin. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft. About 10 minutes. Serve
- Feel free to melt some cheese on top to take this over the top!
⭐ Did you make this Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer