These Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are ready in a flash, full of flavor, and they are so easy to make!
Hands down, my favorite piece of chicken is the chicken thigh. It has so much flavor, and can handle cooking without drying out. One of my favorite ways to cook chicken thighs is with my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker!
I love to use chicken thighs in my recipes! I have a delicious recipe for Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs that you will not want to miss.
I do have room in my menu for chicken breast, though. I like to use Instant Pot chicken breast for tacos and casseroles. I also like to use my recipe for Slow cooker chicken tacos…that is the best taco meat!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN THIGHS
I started these instant pot chicken thighs by purchasing bone in and skin on chicken thighs. I then removed the skin. There is absolutely no way that skin will get crispy in an instant pot!
After removing the skin, I seasoned them with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Then I added some avocado oil to my Instant Pot, set it to sauté, and let it get hot. I browned the chicken thighs (in batches) to give them the most flavor possible.
After I had them all browned, I added water to the pot and scraped the bottom to make sure there wasn’t any stuck on bits. I added the trivet, put all of the chicken thighs back in, placed the lid, and set the timer for 10 minutes.
When the timer was up, I let the pot do a 10 minute natural pressure release, then I flipped the valve to release the rest of the pressure.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK CHICKEN THIGHS IN A PRESSURE COOKER?
These chicken thighs were bone in and they were perfectly cooked after a 10 minute cook time and a 10 minute natural pressure release. If you used boneless skinless chicken thighs, you would nee to cook them for 5 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
This will result in meat that is perfectly juicy and tender, but not overcooked to where they completely fall apart.
I also like to use my Instant Pot to make Crack Chicken!
Have you heard of Butcher Box? That’s where I get all of my high quality meat! (get $15 off and free bacon when you order your first box!)
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Lay the chicken thighs out on a cutting board and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Turn the Instant Pot on HI Sauté . When the display reads "hot" add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Brown the chicken thighs on both sides in batches adding additional oil as needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and add the water. Scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to remove any burned bits. Cancel sauté function.
- Add the trivet to the pot, then the chicken. Seal the lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, do a 10 minute natural pressure release, then release the rest of the pressure with a quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and serve.
WANT MORE LOW CARB & KETO RESOURCES?
If you want to know more about how to start a low carb or keto diet check out this guide:
[maxbutton id="2" ]
⭐ Did you make this Instant Pot Chicken thighs recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer