Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot easier thanks to this easy instant pot chicken tacos recipe. Juicy chicken is pressure cooked in a flavorful sauce and then shredded to make the best taco meat. Use skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Taco night is my favorite night of the week and this pressure cooker chicken tacos recipe makes flavorful chicken taco meat with minimal effort. It is perfect for meal prep burrito bowls, taco salads, or just family taco night.
The whole family loves to eat this instant pot chicken tacos recipe, even my picky teenager. It is similar to my Crockpot chicken tacos recipe, but with a few changes.
This easy recipe only required 6 ingredients that you probably have on hand.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts - you can use thawed or frozen chicken.
Lime juice, chili powder, minced garlic, and ground cumin
Your favorite topping: sour cream or greek yogurt, black beans, pico de Gallo, red onion, avocado slices, white rice for taco bowls, cheese, etc.
How to make instant pot chicken tacos
This recipe really couldn't be easier. We just dump all of the ingredients in the instant pot and then seal the lid. Cook under high pressure followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. The cook time will vary depending on what kind of chicken you use. See the recipe card below.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Taco Meat
This post may contain affiliate links
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to the instant pot pressure cooker and seal the lid. Cook over high pressure for 8 minutes. While the chicken cooks, make your favorite taco toppings.
- When the pot finishes cooking, let the pot naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes followed by a quick release of the remaining pressure. Shred the chicken directly in the liquid and serve with flour tortillas or corn tortillas.
- Frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs: cook under high pressure for 12 minutes
- Thawed chicken breast: cook under high pressure for 13 minutes
- Frozen chicken breast: cook under high pressure for 15 minutes
- Serve leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freezer meal: add all of the ingredients to a freezer bag for a quick dump instant pot meal.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.