Keto Chicken Pot Pie
A Keto Chicken Pot Pie that uses cheddar biscuits as the topping! This easy keto dinner is not short on flavor! Use chicken breast or chicken thighs for this weeknight keto meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the Filling
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Shredded or diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Pounds Chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
For the biscuit topping
- 2 Cups Almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup Melted butter
Pre-heat the oven to 400F. In a large skillet (see notes) over medium heat, add the butter and the avocado oil. Add the onion, carrot, and celery. Sauté until vegetables are soft...6-8 minutes. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is almost cooked through.
Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, and xanthan gum. Let simmer until the sauce is thickened. While the sauce is simmering, make the biscuit dough.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the biscuit dough. using a large cookie scoop, portion the mixture into biscuits on top of the filling. Flatten out the tops of the biscuits with the back of a spoon.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition for 1/10th of recipe using chicken breasts: 497 calories / 39g fat / 15g sat fat / 6g carbs / 3g fiber / 32g protein
- This is a large recipe so you can freeze half, cut the recipe in half, feed a large family, or have lots of leftovers.
- I used a 5 quart skillet for this recipe so I could cook the meat and vegetable mixture in the same pan that I bake it in. If you do not have a skillet this big, you can cook the filling, then transfer it to a 9x13 casserole dish.