Another easy low carb dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes! This keto teriyaki chicken is full of flavor, will cure that keto Chinese food craving, and perfect served with cauliflower fried rice.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Have you been craving keto Chinese food like crazy? I know I have! Did you know with a few simple substitutions, you can make this easy Keto Teriyaki Chicken in less than 30 minutes? Let me show you how!
KETO TERIYAKI SAUCE
Of course, what makes teriyaki chicken is the sauce. Store bought sauce is loaded with sugar and thickeners like corn starch.
For our keto teriyaki sauce, we are using 6 simple ingredients: soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, garlic, ginger, water, and xanthan gum.
After we brown the chicken, we pour this delicious sauce in the skillet and let it simmer with the chicken until it thickens and coats the chicken pieces.
Now we just serve this Keto Teriyaki Chicken topped with green onions and with some cauliflower fried rice.
"As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases."
⭐ Did you make this Keto Teriyaki Chicken recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Teriyaki Chicken - 20 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 ½ Pounds Chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 3 Tablespoons Keto Brown Sugar substitute
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Grated ginger
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for a garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-hi heat. Add the chicken and sauté' until cooked through...about 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar substitute, garlic, ginger, water, and xanthan gum. Whisk to combine. Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish.
- Serve with steamed cauliflower rice for a quick side dish. I like to buy the already riced cauliflower in the frozen section of the grocery store.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Watch how to make it