Watch how I get perfectly cooked salmon on the stove and I show you a quick 5 ingredient Avocado Salsa. This recipe is so full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes.
I’m coming at you with another low carb 30 minute meal. I love them! What’s better than getting dinner on the table in under 30 minutes? This Pan Seared Salmon and Avocado Salsa is going to light up your taste buds!
AVOCADO SALSA RECIPE
Before I go on my salmon rant, we want to first make our avocado salsa. Get all of your ingredients prepped…dice the avocado, mince the garlic, chop the cilantro, and dice the tomato.
Now we just throw all of that in a big bowl, douce it with lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Easy Peasy!
HOW LONG TO COOK SALMON
Okay, here is my salmon rant. Stop over cooking your salmon. I will show you how!
Start with a hot skillet over medium high heat and add in avocado oil. You can do this with the skin on or off. Season each filet with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. If the skin is on, place the salmon skin side down and let it cook until the skin is crispy and releases from the skillet.
Now we flip the salmon and let it cook for just a few minutes more. If you start to see white juices seeping from the salmon, remove it from the pan because it is done! White dots on top of your salmon filet = overcooked salmon. Now you know!
Now we top each salmon filet with lime zest and lime juice.
And to serve, we top the salmon filets with our delicious avocado salsa.
WATCH ME MAKE PERFECTLY COOKED SALMON AND AVOCADO SALSA
Pan Seared Salmon and Avocado Salsa
For the Pan Seared Salmon
- 4, 4 ounce Salmon fillet‘s - skin on or off
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Zest and juice of one small lime
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup Diced avocado
- Juice of one lime
- One clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro
- 2 Roma tomato’s, diced
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillet‘s with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook the salmon in the hot skillet for a few minutes on each side. Look for signs of overcooking (white juices seeping out of the flesh). Sprinkle the lime zest and pour the lime juice over the salmon. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the avocado salsa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon fillet’s topped with avocado salsa
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Did you make this Pan Seared Salmon and Avocado Salsa Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer