This easy ground beef stroganoff recipe is healthy, ready in 30 minutes, filled with mushrooms and delicious seasonings, and only uses real ingredients…no soups!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Stroganoff is one of those comfort meals that we all grew up on. When I was a kid, my mom made it with beef stew meat and cooked it low and slow so the meat was really tender. This Ground Beef Stroganoff has all of those delicious flavors you remember, but we can get this version on the table in about 30 minutes!
Let me show you how easy this 1-pot, 30-minute version is!
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF
This recipe starts by sautéing our ground beef until it is crumbled and cooked through. Remove the beef from the pot and add in the onions. Remember to season with salt as you go so everything is seasoned perfectly! Sauté the onions until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Now add in your sliced mushrooms and the spices.
Let the mushrooms cook down and get soft, but not too mushy. You want them to still have a little bite.
Now we add the ground beef back to the pan, followed by beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Now we simmer this ground beef stroganoff for 15 minutes to let all of the flavors get to know each other.
The last step is adding in the sour cream and serving it up.
I like to serve mine with cauliflower rice or vegetable noodles. Enjoy friends!
Watch me make this Stroganoff with Ground Beef on My Cooking Show and don’t forget to Subscribe!
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound Ground beef
- ½ Onion, diced
- ½ tablespoon Smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Sour cream
- In a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat, brown the ground beef and season with salt to taste. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add in the diced onions and seasonings to the skillet. Sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft, about 5 more minutes. Add in the Beef broth, Worcestershire, and ground beef back to the pan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with cauliflower rice or spiralized zucchini noodles.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Did you make this Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer