Keto Chicken Stroganoff is chicken breast smothered in a rich and creamy mushroom sauce...this keto 30 minute meal can be on your dinner table in no time. Serve it with my Instant pot mashed cauliflower for a winner of a dinner.
We start this recipe by slicing the chicken breast in half lengthwise. We do this by placing our palm on top of the chicken breast and using a sharp knife to slice down the length of the chicken breast. This makes the chicken breast faster to cook.
Can I use boneless skinless chicken thighs?
I like to use chicken breast with a creamy sauce because chicken thighs can get heavy with a heavy cream sauce. Feel free to use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you like.
Cooking the chicken
We want to cook the chicken in batches so we do not crowd the pan. Cook each chicken breast cutlet for a few minutes on each side or until an internal meat thermometer reaches 165F.
Making the sauce
The sauce starts out with cooking the onions and the mushrooms in the same pan we used to cook the chicken.
When the mushrooms are browned, we can add in the heavy cream and the chicken broth. We want to bring this liquid to a boil and let it reduce by half so the sauce can thicken.
The finishing touches for the sauce are lemon juice and dried dill.
I like to serve this recipe with mashed cauliflower. So yummy!
Check out some of these other recipes I have on the blog:
Keto Chicken Stroganoff
This post may contain affiliate links
- Season both sides of the chicken breast cutlets with salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the avocado oil and cook the chicken breast on both sides until brown and cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to insure they are 165F internal temperature. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the onions. Cook until translucent. Add in the garlic, and the mushrooms. Continue to cook for 8 more minutes until the mushrooms are browned
- Add in the heavy cream, chicken broth and dijon mustard. Bring the sauce to a boil and let cook over medium high heat until reduced by half.
- Add in the dill and the lemon juice.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.