Keto Reuben Casserole is all the classic flavors we love, layered into one 30 minutes meal. Corned beef, sauerkraut, special sauce, and Swiss cheese layer up to make a hearty and family friendly dinner.
Who else grew up on reuben sandwiches? My mom made some that were absolutely delicious! Corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut sandwiched between 2 pieces of garlic butter soaked rye bread. They were heaven…even without the sauce.
This casserole is so close in flavor, I don’t even miss the rye bread. It is so easy to make…just layer everything up in the casserole dish and bake in the oven.
Our layers start with 1 pound of deli sliced corned beef, followed by a layer of sauerkraut, a layer of special sauce, and finally a layer of Swiss cheese.
The special sauce is amazing and gives the reuben casserole all of the flavor. The ingredients are mayo, sugar free ketchup, minced onion, keto friendly sweetener, dill pickle relish, and white vinegar.
The first time I made this we used half of the sauce, but this deserved extra sauce, so we doubled it!
Even my picky husband loves Reubens and this casserole.
Can I use canned corned beef or homemade corned beef?
Yes, you can definitely use canned corned beef or homemade corned beef. Just be aware of the carb counts on both of those. The deli corned beef I used had zero carbs.
This is a rich casserole so I would suggest serving this with a fresh green salad or a sautéed green vegetable such as zucchini or Brussels sprouts.
Keto Reuben Casserole - 3 Net Carbs
- 1 pound Deli Corn Beef-chopped
- 1 Cup Sauerkraut-drained
- 2 Cups Shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup (sugar free for keto)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced white onion
- 2 teaspoon Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 teaspoon Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 teaspoon White vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayo, ketchup, onion, sweetener, pickle relish and vinegar. Set aside.
- Spray the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the corned beef in the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the drained saurkraut evenly on top of the corned beef, followed buy the sauce, and finally the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.