What is better than a vegetable smothered in a cheese sauce and covered in bacon? This Cheesy Keto Broccoli with Bacon will be a family hit! Add in some cooked chicken for a complete meal.
Just in time for Summer, this casserole recipe is the perfect side dish for all of your upcoming BBQ's. This can be whipped up in no time while your meat is on the grill.
How to make this with chicken
I think using a rotisserie chicken and mixing in the the cooked chicken with the broccoli before adding in the cheese sauce would be delicious. You could also cook 2 chicken breast and shred them for the casserole.
Can this be made with frozen broccoli?
This is best with fresh broccoli but frozen can definitely be used. Let the broccoli thaw, but do not steam it before baking it in the casserole.
Here are some of my other recipes you should give a try:
- Keto Reuben Casserole - All of the flavors of a reuben sandwich all in a tasty casserole
- Keto Strawberry Shortcake - This strawberry shortcake is ready to go in under 30 minutes!
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies - Bakery style - need I say more?
- Keto Shakshuka - A Middle Eastern tradition made keto by using keto marinara sauce
Cheesy Keto Broccoli with Bacon
- 1 Pound Broccoli Flourets
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Pound Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat your cream over medium heat.
- Add your mustard powder and minced garlic. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese to the cream mixture. Turn heat down to low and whisk until melted completely. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Assembling the Casserole:
- Take your broccoli florets and place them in a microwave safe bowl with a little water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and place in microwave for about 2 minutes. Just enough to take the crispiness out of the broccoli. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the broccoli to the casserole dish, covering the bottom of the dish. Then add your crumbled bacon, making a layer on top. Leaving some aside for garnish.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top of the broccoli and bacon. Sprinkly the remaining 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole. Add your left over bacon on top as garnish.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
- Bacon - I uses a thin bacon that was 50 calories per slice.
- How to make this with chicken - I think using a rotisserie chicken and mixing in the the cooked chicken with the broccoli before adding in the cheese sauce would be delicious. You could also cook 2 chicken breast and shred them for the casserole.
- Can this be made with frozen broccoli? - This is best with fresh broccoli but frozen can definitely be used. Let the broccoli thaw, but do not steam it before baking it in the casserole.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.