These easy and healthy spiralized butternut squash noodles are a perfect keto side dish and a perfect alternative for spaghetti. I give step by step instructions for how to make the noodles and how to cook the noodles.
I have been all about zucchini noodles ever since I started living a keto lifestyle. But these Butternut Squash Noodles are my new favorite. They don’t get watery or mushy and they feel a lot more like spaghetti to me. They also have a great flavor!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
To get started with the noodles, we have to first prep our butternut squash. This involves peeling the squash with a vegetable peeler and then cutting off the bulbous end. The round end is not easily spiralized, so we are going to save it for another recipe.
Now we take the long end that we just cut off and load it into the spiralizer. I chose the blade that makes thick spaghetti noodles.
Here is a great video showing how to spiralize a butternut squash:
Once we get the butternut squash noodles all made, set them aside while we make the sauce.
For the Mushroom Cream Sauce, I first sautéed the sliced mushrooms in butter. I added some thyme sprigs and seasoned the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
I then added in the cream and the chicken broth.
HOW TO COOK BUTTERNUT SQUASH NOODLES
To cook the butternut squash noodles, I added them to the mushroom cream sauce and covered the pan with a lid to let them soften.
If you were making these without the mushroom cream sauce, you could put them in a skillet with a lid over medium low heat and let them steam for a few minutes, or until they are at your desired doneness.
Now it’s time to check for seasoning and serve!
These would be great served with chicken! This is a great low carb 30 minute meal (one of my favorite types of meals to make).
Here are some other low carb 30 minute meals:
- Steak Shish Kabob with Chimichurri
- Tomato Pizza
- Steak Tips
- Crack Chicken
- Tuscan Chicken
- Baked Salmon in Foil
Butternut Squash Noodles with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and bulbous end removed
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 Ounces Baby Bell Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize the butternut squash using the large spaghetti blade. Set aside
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper, and the thyme sprigs. Saute' the mushrooms until soft.
- Add the cream and the broth to the mushrooms and stir to combine. Add in the butternut squash noodles and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the noodles are soft. Season with salt a pepper to taste.
WANT MORE LOW CARB & KETO RESOURCES?If you want to know more about how to start a low carb or keto diet check out this guide: [maxbutton id="2" ]
⭐ Did you make this Butternut Squash Noodles recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see @LowcarbwithJennifer