Vegetable Beef Soup has the good-for-you keto ingredients, with that hearty Autumn Vegetable feel you've grown to love! This stovetop homemade recipe is so easy to make, your family will think you've been in the kitchen all day getting this sensational soup ready! With it's ground beef and savory fresh vegetables... this low carb soup with be warming the family up in no time this cold season!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Vegetable Beef Soup is a must-have, traditional soup that always makes an appearance around my home when it's cold! Something that the whole family can dig into and feel warm and cozy! This isn't your traditional vegetable beef soup, though. It is filled with hearty butternut squash, mushrooms, and spinach.
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE AUTUMN VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
First thing you will need to do is cook and crumble the ground beef in a heavy bottom pot over medium high heat.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Remove all but 2 tablespoons of oil from the pan and discard.
Reduce the heat to medium and add in the carrots, celery, butternut squash and onion.
Sauté until the vegetables are tender. This should take about 8 minutes.
Add in the garlic, mushrooms and spinach. Cook for 5 minutes more.
Add the ground beef back to the pot followed by the beef broth, beef bullion and coconut milk.
Coconut milk ads such an interesting flavor to this soup. I love it!
Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and bring to a simmer.
Cook for additional 10 minutes to let thicken.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy everything you love about winter comfort food, now keto/carb friendly! Yummy!
Like this keto friendly soup? Check out my recipes for Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Keto Beef Stew with Bacon (Instant pot, Stovetop or Crockpot) or Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup!
Or you could make my hearty keto chili without beans to warm you up when its cold outside!
⭐ Did you make this Autumn Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Autumn Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped
- ½ Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and crumble the ground beef in a heavy bottom pot over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of oil from the pan and discard.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the carrots, celery, butternut squash and onion. Sauté until the vegetables are almost tender. Should take about 8 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, mushroom and spinach. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the ground beef back to the pot followed by the beef broth, beef bullion and coconut milk.
- Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and bring to a simmer. Cook for additional 10 minutes to let thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Ana Maria says
Is there a substitute I can use for the coconut milk?
You could use heavy cream or leave it out
Jessica Jackson says
Good afternoon Jennifer, This looks yummy. I was trying to understand the serving amount. Is it one cup for 205 cal?
How big is a serving size? This looks delicious!
approximately 1 cup
Heidi Weber says
Looks delicious. Is there anything I could sub for the coconut milk?
When I Sprinkle in the xanthan gum into the soup, it creates crumbles instead of dissolving itself, no matter how much I mix it or try to dissolve the crumbles. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?
Make sure it's not lumpy to start, then sprinkle it very lightly, a little at a time.
I was just going to make your soup and the instructions say to add mushrooms but they are not listed in the ingredients.?
Sorry about that. I have added that info to the recipe card. It is 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms.