This one skillet Keto pizza casserole recipe with ground beef will not disappoint with its zesty italian sausage, ground beef and pepperoni! Who doesn’t love a meat-lovers pizza? Now my keto/low carbs friends can enjoy it too!
If you’re like me and my family…we love pizza!
Now I’m happy to share with you a keto pizza casserole recipe the whole family will love! This casserole is layered with a mixture of ground beef and sausage, marinara sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
How to make the best ground beef pizza casserole
Let’s get started!
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté your onions and green bell peppers until they are translucent (this should take about 5 minutes).
Now let’s add in your sausage and ground beef, chopping and stirring until it is browned and cooked through.
Season this mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
Once you’re finished with that now you can drain the grease from the meat mixture. Not the most glamorous kitchen job but we don’t want a greasy keto pizza casserole! Or maybe you do?
Add in the Raos Marinara Sauce and stir it up. You really could use any marinara you like for this casserole, but I love Raos!
Now you’re going to take the top of your spoon or spatula and flatten the top of your ground beef mixture.
Add both cheeses to cover the top (mozzarella and parmesan). Yummy!
Once you’re finished with that you can add a solid layer of pepperoni on top.
You can also add in sliced olives if you want.
Place the skillet in oven on high broil to brown the top.
And in just 30 minutes you have a full of flavor keto pizza casserole the whole family will enjoy!
What if I do not have a skillet big enough?
You can saute’ the onions and peppers and then the ground beef and sausage in a skillet and then pour it into a large casserole dish. Now mix in the marinara sauce and top with the cheese and pepperoni. Place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.
Keto Pizza Casserole with Ground Beef Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- ½ Onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 Jar Marinara (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Grated parmesan
- 30 slices Pepperoni
- ¼ Cup sliced black olives (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté your onions and green peppers in the avocado oil until translucent. (about 5 minutes )
- Add in your sausage and ground beef, chopping and stirring until brown. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain the grease from the meat and discard.
- Add in the Raos Marinara Sauce, stirring to combine then flatten the top with a spatula.
- Add both the cheeses to cover the top, followed by a solid layer of pepperoni.
- Add the sliced olives (optional)
- Place skillet in oven on high broil to brown the top.
- Serve. Makes 8 servings
- What if I do not have a skillet big enough? - You can sauté the onions and peppers and then the ground beef and sausage in a skillet and then pour it into a large casserole dish. Now mix in the marinara sauce and top with the cheese and pepperoni. Place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.