Keto Taco Salad with Chicken and Cheese Crisps is the “Taco Tuesday” that everyone can enjoy without the guilt of carbs! This easy, keto friendly, flavorful, layered chicken recipe will be the hit of any taco night!
THE BEST KETO TACO SALAD
I’m really excited about sharing this with you because who doesn’t love Taco Salad??
Now you can indulge without feeling guilty!
Let’s get started!
Combine the chicken seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. That would be salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
These chicken thighs are very generously seasoned and super flavorful!
Next, sprinkle the seasoning evenly on both sides of the boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Now heat the avocado oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat.
You will need to cook the chicken thighs for 4 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature thermometer reads 165F.
Once your chicken is done, remove from the heat to a cutting board and slice it into strips.
Now to assemble the keto taco salads!
Place lettuce, tomato, black olives, cheddar cheese and cilantro in a salad bowl.
Top with the slices of chicken and fresh salsa.
THE CRUNCH FACTOR
Do you miss the crunchy chips like Doritos in your taco salads? You have to try using cheese crisps in your taco salad! They are the perfect crunchy element.
Now you too can enjoy those “taco nights” with a keto friendly alternative! Yummy!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Taco Salad with Chicken and Cheese Crisps Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Taco Salad with Chicken and Cheese Crisps!
For the Seasoned Chicken
For assembling the salad
- 8 Cups Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Cheddar cheese crisps, crumbled
- Combine the salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning evenly on both sides of each of the boneless chicken thighs.
- Heat the avocado oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken thighs for 4 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature thermometer reads 165F.
- Remove from heat to a cutting board and slice into strips.
To assemble the taco salads
- Place lettuce, tomato, black olives, cheddar chesse and cilantro in a salad bowl.
- Top with the slices of chicken, fresh salsa and the cheddar crisps. Enjoy!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Nutrition: The nutrition info is only for the chicken as the other ingredients and amounts are going to vary based on your preferences.
- Cheddar Cheese Crisps: These can be found in most grocery stores in the produce department or with the salad toppings.
- Topping: Try topping this keto taco salad with the keto cheese sauce that I posted yesterday day. Yum!