Tuscan Chicken is juicy boneless skinless chicken thighs in a rich sauce with fresh rosemary and garlic. Adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe so it is low carb friendly and ready in under 30 minutes!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I am in love with this Tuscan Chicken recipe that was ready in under 30 minutes! It uses my favorite piece of meat, boneless skinless chicken thighs. They are so juicy, full of flavor, and cook up so fast!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
For this tuscan chicken recipe, I used lots of fresh rosemary. I stripped the leaves from the stems and chopped them finely. I also diced up a large shallot.
This recipe comes together so fast so have all of your ingredients ready to go before you start cooking.
I put a large skillet over medium high heat and I added avocado oil. I then browned the boneless skinless chicken thighs on both sides. I cooked 3 at a time so I didn’t crowd the pan. I added the minced garlic to the pan while the chicken was browning.
After the chicken was all browned on both sides, I removed it from the pan onto a plate and set it aside. I then added the vinegar to the pan and let it reduce. This only took a few seconds because the pan was so hot.
I reduced the heat to medium, added the butter, beef broth, shallot, and rosemary. I let that simmer for a few minutes to soften the shallot and reduce the sauce.
I then added the chicken broth to the pan. I normally use regular chicken broth, but for this recipe I used reduced sodium which I would highly recommend. Otherwise, this sauce can get too salty.
I then added the boneless skinless chicken thighs back to the pan and let them simmer for 5-8 minutes so they could finish cooking.
When the tuscan chicken was finished, I removed them to a platter and spooned the delicious sauce over top.
This boneless skinless chicken thigh recipe has so much flavor and it is so rich! I would serve it with a side salad and call it dinner.
Tuscan Chicken Using Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 6 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Shallot, Chopped
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, leaves removed from stems and finely chopped
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth or White wine
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Add half of the chicken and half of the crushed garlic to the pan. Brown 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and add the remaining oil, chicken, and garlic to the pan. Brown on each side, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the vinegar to the pan scraping any browned bits from the bottom. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter, shallot, rosemary, and beef broth to the pan. Let reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth or wine to the pan, followed but all of the chicken. Let the chicken finish cooking for 7-8 minutes. Check the sauce for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Place the cooked chicken on a platter and spoon the sauce on top.
⭐ Did you make this Tuscan Chicken Using Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer