Easy Keto chicken recipes using flavorful chicken thighs are one of my favorites. This one is on on a bed of creamy cheesy spinach.
These Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamed Spinach are cooked on the stove top so they are much quicker to make than my Baked Chicken Thighs.
Unfortunately, these are not no mess…they splatter like crazy! You will see my solution for that down below.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN
To start this Keto Chicken Recipe, you will need 5 or 6 bone in, skin on chicken thighs, a large skillet, some oil, and salt and pepper. I like to get my chicken thighs from Butcherbox.
Place the skillet on medium-high heat, add oil, and when the skillet is hot, add the seasoned chicken thighs skin side down.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Now is time for that splatter solution I talked about earlier! Grease splattering all over the kitchen makes me stabby, so I bought a splatter guard (affiliate) from Amazon and it works great! Mine is actually 11 inches but I wish it was bigger. The one I just linked to is 13 inches. It would really keep this keto chicken thigh recipe from splattering!
When the keto chicken thighs are ready to flip, the skin will release from the bottom of the pan. If you try to turn them too soon, they will stick.
After the chicken thighs have been cooked on both sides, remove them from the pan and start on the creamed spinach!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CREAMED SPINACH WITH CREAM CHEESE
I added cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and chopped frozen spinach to the same pan that I cooked the chicken in. No need to thaw the spinach before hand.
After I stirred all of that together, I added mild Rotel to this keto creamed spinach. It adds so much flavor!
Then I stirred it all together and added parmesan cheese! I’m calling this creamed spinach, but its more like a spinach dip. It’s so good!
After all of that, I nestled my beautiful keto chicken thighs in the creamed spinach and dinner was ready! Serve immediately so the crispy skin doesn’t get soggy!
KETO CHICKEN RECIPES
Some other fabulous keto chicken recipes are Garlic Parmesan Wings, One Pan Chicken and Veggies, and Tuscan Chicken using Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamed Spinach
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add the chicken thighs to the skillet skin side down, and cover with a splatter guard, if desired.
- When the chicken skin is crispy and releases from the pan, flip them to the other side. Let cook until an internal temperature thermometer reads 165F. Remove from pan onto a plate and set aside. Pour out any grease that is left in the pan.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and stir to combine. Add the spinach and stir until thawed. Finally, add the Rotel and parmesan and stir until the parmesan is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add the chicken back to the skillet with the creamed spinach, or you can go ahead and serve the chicken on plates with a big spoonful of the creamy spinach.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- If you want to re-heat the chicken leftovers, add the chicken back to a skillet, skin side down to get the skin nice and crispy again.
- The creamy spinach (aka spinach dip) can be eaten as is, or served with low carb crackers or on low carb toast!
⭐ Did you make these Keto Chicken Thighs with Creamy Spinach? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer