This Cheesy Air Fryer Asparagus is the only way I will eat asparagus from now on. The asparagus stays nice and crisp in the air fryer (not mushy) and cheese makes everything better!
For my entire life, I was never a fan of asparagus. That is until I made this cheesy and keto version! Everything is better with cheese, right?
What I love the most about this recipe is that the asparagus stay perfectly crisp and do not get over cooked.
The ingredients we need are 1 bunch of asparagus chopped into 2 inch pieces, salt, pepper, garlic powder, avocado oil, and shredded Swiss cheese.
What cheese can I use?
I actually found a Swiss and gruyere blend of shredded cheese at Trader Joes that was amazing on top of the asparagus! But, you can use any cheese that you like if you are not a fan of the sharp Swiss.
Chop the asparagus into 2 inch pieces and mix them with the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Place them in the air fryer basket and cook at 400F for about 10 minutes.
The asparagus will be tender but still a little crisp. Not mushy!
Now we can add the cheese on top and cook the asparagus for 2 minutes more, just to melt the cheese.
Then serve! This recipe makes 4 servings or 2 if you really love asparagus.
I love to make a keto dish on the stove top and then have my air fryer making my side dish. Some other keto air fryer side dishes are:
- Air fryer avoado fries
- Air fryer Crispy Brussels sprouts
- Keto Bacon wrapped asparagus
- Air Fryer stuffed portobello mushroom caps
Cheesy Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 bunch Asparagus- woody ends removed
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 cup Shredded Swiss cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F
- Cut your asparagus into 2 inch pieces and place them into a medium size mixing bowl. Add salt, avocado oil, garlic powder and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Once mixed throughly, place your asparagus into your preheated air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Once your 10 minutes is up, shake the air fryer basket to mix up the asparagus and sprinkle your shredded swiss cheese over your asparagus chunks. Cook for 2 more minutes at 400F.
- This recipe will work with any shredded cheese you have on hand...I just love the taste of the shredded Swiss with the asparagus.