These avocado fries are going to be your new favorite keto snack. They get so crispy thanks to my favorite keto friendly "breading!" This recipe is so easy to make with only 5 ingredients and a 10 minute cook time. You can have avocado fries anytime a craving hits. Serve it with my Keto beef tips and gravy recipe!
The air fryer is by far my favorite appliance in my whole kitchen (except for my coffee maker, of course). I am pretty sure I use it more than my oven and stovetop combined.
It makes the best Keto Pork Chops and you can even make a whole chicken!
CUTTING THE AVOCADO
First, make sure you have the right kind of avocado. They should be ripe but firm, not mushy.
Cut them in half and remove the pit.
Now instead of using a spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh, I like to peel the skin off of the avocado.
This gives me prettier slices.
Now we just slice the avocado in ½ to 1 inch slices.
For this recipe I used crushed pork rinds. It is my favorite keto friendly breading! I simply dump a bag of pork rinds into my food processor for a few minutes and that's it. I used a cup of the crushed pork rinds for this recipe and I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
The other element to our breading station is 2 beaten eggs. Those get added to a shallow bowl.
Dip an avocado slice in the egg, followed by the pork rind crumbs and set aside on a plate.
PREPPING THE AIR FRYER
Just like the oven, we need to pre-heat the air fryer, especially when I am making something crispy. I pre-heat for 5 minutes at the temperature my recipe calls for.
After the it is pre-heated, you can spray it with cooking spray. Avoid spraying before, as the cooking spray will burn.
Now we can place the avocado fries in the basket. Depending on how many you are cooking and how large your air fryer is, you may need to cook these in batches.
These cook for 10 minutes and there is no need to flip them halfway through! How awesome is that!
These air fryer avocado fries are creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. You are going to have a hard time eating just one!
These would be perfect as a snack or as a salad topping!
Some of my other recipes you will love are:
- 4 Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
- Air Fryer steak bites and mushrooms
- Air Fryer pork tenderloin
- Air Fryer Cornish Hen
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- 2 Large or 3 small avocados (Make sure to pick firmer avocado's, softer ones will be mushy)
- 1 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Peel the skin off of the flesh and cut the avocado into ½ to 1 inch slices.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds with the seasonings. In a separate shallow bowl, add in the beaten eggs.
- Take each slice of avocado and coat in the egg, followed by the pork rind mixture. Repeat these steps with each of your slices and set them aside on a plate.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer with cooking spray and place your coated avocado slices inside your basket (may need to cook in two batches)
- Cook the avocado fries at 400F for 10 minutes. No need to flip halfway through.
- Pork Rinds: You can use any flavor you like but I like to use original. You can also use already crushed pork rinds that are available on Amazon here.
- Instead of using a spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh, I like to peel the skin off of the avocado. This gives me prettier slices
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
Patrick Strosnider says
Greetings Jennifer. Have been cooking t burgers on the grill for decades but just figured out to add 2 -3 TBS of shredded mexican cheese to the patties. They are so much more juicy, wish I'd figured this out years ago. Thanks for your air fryer recipes on chicken and pork...