Everyone loves a good cheese dip at a party and this one is so tasty! I give instructions for using Velveeta (love it or hate it) and an alternative! I love to serve it with my keto tortilla chips!
I am a sucker for Crockpot Cheese Dip. I was raised on the stuff. My dad was the one that got us hooked...it had to be velveeta cheese dip with Rotel, and it couldn't be too thick. It was a regular in my house growing up! We had it with chips, of course, but this is so good with zucchini chips, my homemade low carb tortilla chips, or as a topping for a taco bowl!
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHEESE DIP
I put some very yummy things in my version of crockpot cheese dip. This includes flavorful Italian sausage, Rotel, diced fire roasted green chilis, and of course, cheese!
I am a traditionalist and nostalgic when it comes to cheese dip so I use Velveeta. Love it or hate it...it makes a damn fine cheese dip. It melts perfectly and doesn't get oily like cheddar would.
If you are totally against Velveeta, you could also use American cheese from the deli counter. You can ask them to give it to you in a whole block, or you can ask them to slice it. Sliced would melt easier, obviously. Land O Lakes is the one I would use.
To start with my cheese dip, I cook my Italian sausage crumbles in a skillet. I buy the one that isn't in casings. If yours is in casings, you would need to remove them.
I like to use a chopper to get the sausage crumbles as small as possible. (“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”)
So lets start getting everything in the Crockpot! I added the cooked sausage, green chilis, Rotel, and Velveeta.
I put the lid on and set it to low for 3 hours. If you are in a hurry to get it to a party, you can put it on high for 1.5 hours.
When it's finished I topped it with some fresh cilantro and diced tomatoes to make it pretty for my party!
Crockpot Cheese Dip with Sausage
This post may contain affiliate links
- 1 Pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 16 ounce Velveeta Original Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 7 ounce can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chilis
- 1 10 ounce Can Mild Rotel
- Cook and crumble the Italian sausage over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add the sausage, Velveeta, green chilis, and Rotel to a Crock Pot.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, or on high for 1.5 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot
- If you are totally against Velveeta, you could also use American cheese from the deli counter. You can ask them to give it to you in a whole block, or you can ask them to slice it. Sliced would melt easier, obviously. Land O Lakes is the one I would use.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
⭐ Did you make this Crockpot Cheese Dip Recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!