These crispy crunchy chips are so easy and are made of only 3 ingredients! These low carb tortilla chips are great for dipping and snacking while following a low carb diet.
One of the things people miss the most on a low carb or keto diet is something crunchy and something that resembles a chip (that isn't made out of a vegetable!). I am pretty excited about these Low Carb Tortilla Chips. They are perfectly crunchy and will stand up to being dipped in any low carb dip. You could also dip them in low carb salad dressing, Olive Tapenade, or serve them with an easy low carb dinner like Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers!
These low carb tortilla chips could not be any easier, or any more addictive! I am pretty lazy when it comes to baking. I usually keep my snacks pretty simple and the thought of cutting out each individual chip and placing them on a baking sheet makes me break a sweat. I just don't have time to do all of that!
The best thing about these low carb tortilla chips is that I can just spread the mixture out on a silicone baking sheet and then bake them in the oven. No rolling out dough, cutting each chip, and then baking them. These are so much easier!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
So the 3 magical ingredients for these low carb tortilla chips are chia seeds, water, and egg whites. That's it! I put all of the ingredients in a blender cup with a heavy pinch of salt and blended away! The mixture should be thick, but easily spreadable.
After I mixed everything together, I spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. I tried this recipe with parchment paper but it didn't work. It needs to be silicone.
I baked the low carb tortilla chips in a 350 oven for 40 minutes. I then pulled the baking sheet out of the oven, let them cool, then broke them into chip size pieces!
These could be seasoned any way you like! The seasoning needs to be sprinkles on the batter after it is spread on the baking sheet. I used salt and pepper for this test batch, but I am already thinking about using my habanero lime salt for my next batch!
Low Carb Tortilla Chips
- ½ cup Chia seeds
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Egg whites
- kosher salt to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender jar or a high speed blender. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Spread the mixture on the baking mat in an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the center is hard when tapped. See notes for baking tips
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Break into pieces the size of tortilla chips. Store in an air-tight container or plastic zip top bag.
- If you find that the center is still soft, but the edges are getting crispy, you can flip the whole sheet of chips over and bake until crisp, or you can remove the pan from the oven, let the chip sheet cool a bit and then break it into chip pieces. Then put the ones that are still soft back on the baking sheet to cook a little longer in the oven.
- I attempted this recipe with parchment paper but it didn't work. I strongly suggest using the silicone baking mat.
- If you want to try different seasonings, sprinkle it on top of the chip mixture before baking them in the oven
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
⭐ Did you make this Low Carb Tortilla Chip Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer