Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers is a super easy low carb dinner that only requires 3 ingredients!
I love easy dinner recipes so this Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers was perfect because it only required 3 ingredients! This is a perfect summer recipe because it uses the crock pot and that means no hot oven!
I love easy dinner recipes so this Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers was perfect because it only required 3 ingredients! This is a perfect summer recipe because it uses the crock pot and that means not hot oven!
This version of crock pot sausage and peppers is without a tomato sauce to cut down on the carbs.
I also make this version without browning the sausage. I find that browning the sausages makes them tough. Also, it just dirties up another pan!
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CROCKPOT SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS?
To get started with this easy low carb dinner, I first sliced my bell peppers into thin slices. I used 2 red and one orange bell pepper. I also cut my onion into thin slices.
I then put all of the onion and peppers in the crock pot, seasoned them with salt and pepper, and mixed it all up.
Next I layered the sausage on top. I used regular bratwurst for the crock pot sausage and peppers recipe, but you can use any type of uncooked sausage links you like.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK SAUSAGE IN A CROCK POT?
These sausages took about 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high to cook through in the crock pot. If your sausages are frozen, you would need to add 30 minutes to the cook time.
When they were finished, they looked like this!
⭐ Did you make this Crock Pot Sausage and peppers Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers
This post may contain affiliate links
- 3 Bell Pepper (any color), Sliced Thin
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced Thin
- 5 Uncooked Bratwurst Sausage Links
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot slow cooker and cover with a lid.
- Set the timer to 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high.
- When finished cooking, taste the peppers and onions for seasoning and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- If your sausage is frozen, add 30 minutes to the cook time
- You can double this recipe easily if you have a larger crock pot.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.