This easy crustless keto quiche is filled to the brim with bacon and cheese. You could add spinach or broccoli, but I prefer my quiche to be like a traditional crustless quiche Lorraine. And no, a crustless quiche is not a frittata!
This No Crust Keto Quiche is my favorite way to make quiche. My family actually prefers Quiche Lorraine without the crust…just make sure you spray the pie plate really good so it doesn’t stick. The Monterey jack in this crustless quiche gives so much flavor and the bacon, well, you know it makes everything taste better.
My 9 year old son is my keto quiche lover and I’ve been feeding it to him for many years. It’s one of the only meals that he will ask for seconds! We actually call it bacon pie in our house because that sounds more appealing to a 9 year old. I can make two keto quiches at a time and they will be devoured by all members of the family in no time!
I’ve never met a quiche I didn’t like, but the most amazing quiche I’ve ever had was in a cafe in Paris. It was a classic quiche Lorraine. It was buttery, cheesy, and absolutely divine. I had it with the most amazing french onion soup I’ve ever had!
That trip I also had the most amazing hot chocolate I’ve ever had. In summary, if you want to have “the most amazing food you’ve ever had,” visit Paris.
This easy keto quiche recipe is made with only a few ingredients:
- Bacon – Of course, the star ingredient of quiche lorraine and any no crust quiche made at my house. My favorite bacon is Wrights Brand thick cut bacon. If you are looking for absolutely no sugar in your bacon, then you will need to source another sugar free brand. I cut my bacon into Lardons (short strips) and then cook them in a skillet until crisp.
- Eggs – This recipe uses 10 whole large eggs. You want to make sure an whisk the eggs until they are really smooth so you have the best custard.
- Cheese – I use shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Traditionally, quiche uses Swiss but I find that the Monterey Jack is just tastier! Swiss can be used if you want to stick with tradition.
- Half and Half – Keto baking is full of heavy whipping cream, but since this recipe has very minimal carbs, I like to use half and half to cut some of the calories.
- Salt and Pepper – I provide a measurement of 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper for this recipe. If you use regular table salt, you may want to add less.
IS A FRITTATA THE SAME AS A NO CRUST QUICHE?
In short, no. A frittata is mostly egg with little to no milk or cream. It is first started on the stove top, like an omelette, but then finished off in the oven. A quiche traditionally has a crust. But you can skip the crust to make it keto.
Crustless low carb quiche makes a really easy weeknight dinner served with a salad. The only thing I find difficult is waiting for it to bake in the oven for 40 minutes!
CAN THIS KETO QUICHE BE FROZEN?
Any quiche can be frozen after it has been baked and cooled. I would bake it in a tin foil pie pan so it can be removed from the freezer, thawed in the refrigerator overnight, and then placed in a 400F oven for 25-30 minutes.
EASY BREAKFAST MEAL PREP
This recipe is perfect to prep on a Sunday and you will be provided with breakfast for the whole week. Make on Sunday and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. This recipe makes 6 generous servings at 425 Calories, 36g Fat, and 3g Carbs. This recipe will keep you full for hours.
Some other low carb breakfast recipes you will love are:
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- Protein Waffles
- Keto Pancakes
⭐ Did you make this Crustless Keto Quiche recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see @LowcarbwithJennifer
The Most Amazing Keto Quiche with No Crust
- 8 Slices thick bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
- 10 whole large eggs
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack cheese, Shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add half and half, salt, and pepper to eggs and whisk to combine. Add the bacon and the cheese and stir.
- spray a pie plate with cooking spray. Pour in the egg mixture
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the eggs are set (the quiche will be firm and no longer jiggle)
- cool slightly before serving. See notes for freezing instructions.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Different Cheeses: You could use Swiss cheese instead of the Monterey jack to make this more traditionally.
- Freezing Keto Quiche: Any quiche can be frozen after it has been baked and cooled. I would bake it in a tin foil pie pan so it can be removed from the freezer, thawed in the refrigerator overnight, and then placed in a 400F oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Nutrition: The nutrition info is for 1/8th of the quiche