I am still dreaming about these Instant Pot Chicken Legs…that’s how good they were. The meat was so tender it just melted in your mouth. The Instant Pot does an excellent job of breaking down any kind of meat and making it juicy and perfect.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN LEGS
These chicken legs are so full of flavor because we first coat them with a delicious rub, then your favorite BBQ sauce.
The rub consists of paprika, dry mustard, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix all of those seasonings in a small bowl and then rub it all over the chicken legs.
Place all of the chicken legs on the trivet in the Instant Pot.
Now it’s time for your favorite BBQ sauce to be brushed all over the chicken drumsticks.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Now, we just seal the lid and set the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
When the pin drops, remove the lid and this is the sight that will great your eyes. Delicious and juicy chicken legs.
This next step is optional, but totally worth it. Remove all of the chicken to a foil lined baking sheet and coat each one with more BBQ sauce. Place under the broiler and broil until the sauce starts to bubble. This took about 5 minutes.
The result is amazingly flavorful BBQ chicken legs that just melt in your mouth. You will not regret making this recipe.
⭐ Did you make this Instant Pot Chicken Legs Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Legs
- Mix the spices and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the drumsticks in a large bowl and rub with the spice mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water and the trivet to the inner pot of the instant pot. Place the chicken legs on the trivet. Pour 1 cup of bbq sauce on the legs and spread with a basting brush.
- Lock the lid of the Instant pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Release the rest of the pressure manually, then when the pin drops, remove the lid.
- Pre-heat the broiler of your oven. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Carefully place the chicken legs on the foil in a single layer. Use a basting brush to brush the remaining BBQ sauce on the chicken legs.
- Place the chicken legs in the oven under the broiler and broil until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelize. About 5 minutes. Serve
- Please use the required amount of water per your Instant Pot operating instructions.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce. My favorite sugar free BBQ sauce is this one