Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable and it goes from zero to 100 in this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole! This will be your families favorite low carb side dish!
I turned simple riced cauliflower into something creamy and dreamy. I had to resist eating the whole dish in one sitting!
HOW TO MAKE LOADED CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
To get started I used 4 cups of already riced cauliflower. I used the cauliflower from my post on Microwave Cauliflower Rice.
I put my frozen cauliflower rice, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a microwave safe casserole dish. I covered it with the lid and microwaved it for 6 minutes.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Alternatively, you can put this in a 400F oven for 5 minutes to get the cauliflower rice thawed.
Next I stirred in 6 slices of already cooked and chopped bacon, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese. I smoothed the top and then put even more cheese on top. More cheese please!
I then baked it uncovered for 10 minutes.
Here it is right out of the oven!
To serve, I put spoonfuls onto plates and topped it with a big dollop of sour cream and chopped chives.
Here are some other low carb side dishes you will not want to miss:
- Zucchini Casserole
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Blistered Green Beans with Bacon
LOADED CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE VIDEO:
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Combine cauliflower, butter, and garlic in a microwave safe casserole dish. I used this one. Microwave for 6 minutes, covered. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked bacon, heavy cream, and 1.5 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese to the cauliflower rice. Stir to combine and smooth the top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Place in the pre-heated oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- When finished, serve with dollops of sour cream and chopped chives.
- To use an oven instead of a microwave, Cook the rice in the oven for 6 minutes instead of the microwave.
- I used my recipe for How to Cook Bacon in the Oven to get the bacon crispy. You could also use bacon bits.
⭐ Did you make this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer