These Keto Green Beans with Crispy Bacon are the perfect easy green bean recipe to have any night of the week. One skillet is all you need! The green beans are perfectly seasoned, tender and so full of flavor. Plus, everything is better with bacon!
The holidays are approaching and food will be abundant! These Keto Green Beans with Crispy Bacon will make sure there is at least one low carb side dish on the table!
These keto green beans with bacon are so unbelievably easy and use only use a few ingredients.
Bacon: My first order of business was making my bacon. I love to use thick cut Wrights brand bacon for all of my recipes.
Green Beans: If you didn’t buy green beans that were already washed and ready to use, you will have to cut off the ends.
Soy Sauce: I like to use soy sauce to give these green beans a salty bite. Using salt to season green beans can be difficult because it just falls off. If you are anti-soy sauce, you can use coconut aminos.
Garlic: I use freshly minced garlic to add a nice garlicky bite to these keto green beans.
MAKING THE BEST KETO GREEN BEANS WITH BACON
Cook your diced bacon in a hot skillet until it is nice and crispy, then remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon. You can drain the bacon on paper towels, or just scoop them out into a bowl and set them aside.
Be sure to use a large skillet with a lid so we can cover the green beans when we go to cook them.
We need to remove all of the bacon grease from the pan except for 2 tablespoon.
Now we can add the green beans to the pan along with the soy sauce. Toss them around for a few minutes over medium-high heat to give them some color.
Now we can reduce the heat to medium and cover them with a lid. Let them cook for about 8 minutes, stirring them occasionally.
The key to these green beans being seasoned properly is soy sauce (or coconut aminos). I like to cook with kosher salt but it doesn’t stick to green beans very well. It all just ends up on the bottom of the skillet. Soy sauce is the perfect salty alternative…so throw it in there!
Right before serving, toss in the garlic and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Now we can top them with the bacon and serve.
There you have it! A perfect and simple low carb side dish for the Thanksgiving table!
For some other low carb side dish recipes, check out my Keto Broccoli Casserole, Keto Green Bean Casserole, and Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Butter Walnuts.
⭐️ Did you make this Green Beans with Crispy Bacon recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Green Beans and Crispy Bacon
- 2 Pounds Fresh green beans
- 1 Pound Thick cut bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp Reserved bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- Large Skillet with Lid
- In a large skillet with a lid, cook the diced bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add the green beans and the soy sauce to the skillet. Keeo the heat on medium-high and toss the green beans around for a minute or 2 to give the some brown color. Reduce the heat to medium and cover with the lid. Let the green beans cook for about 8 minutes or until the are done to your liking (stirring occassionally).
- Right before serving, stir in the garlic and top with the cooked bacon.